2018 - Big - Colin Castleton (Commit)

Colin has jumped 42 spots all the way up to #85 in the Rivals150. Wow!

Is there such a thing as a Beilein bump in the rankings, i.e. recruiting sites take note of the fact that Beilein is a great evaluator so, if he likes a kid that much, maybe we have him underrated?
For me, Castleton’s film says top 100 easily.

there is so called regression effect that the initially lowly ranked tend to move up in the update and highly ranked tend to move down. Dylan maybe able to investigate how Beilein recruits compare with others of the similar initial ranking.

Rivals and 247 (their own rankings not the composite) now both have Castleton around the 80th ranked prospect.

No other ranking matters (unless you want to get into stuff like Matt D’s Endless Motor rankings). ESPN’s rankings have been a joke for years now. They dramatically cut down their staff a long time ago because it wasn’t bringing any clicks. Their rankings literally only still exist so that they can say “This guy is a ESPN top 100 player” during the high school basketball games they broadcast.

I generally find the rankings to be pretty meaningless – especially between about 30 and 150 – so that won’t be something that I spend my time analyzing or investigating. :slight_smile:

Great article Ethan! Excited to see Colin in action in a Maize 'n Blue uniform!