2016 Wing Recruiting (Ibi Watson)

According to Webb Langford was at the basketball game today.

New mixtape of Brown

Apparently Langford is back in action from injury…new film that starts at roughly the 2:45 mark

Any chance you’ll be able to get reactions from Langford’s campus visit, Dylan?

New film on Langford. Doesn’t quite have Brown’s size or explosiveness, but man this kid is good.

Langford update on the front page http://www.umhoops.com/2015/01/07/five-star-wing-josh-langford-says-michigan/

It seems like he truly has his priorities in line. Looks to be a great kid with high character, perfect for a guy like Beilein who won’t put up with any of the BS that goes on with a lot of recruiting now a days. He also seems genuinely interested in us. Hopefully this doesn’t lead to disappointment.

Agree and sure hope that’s right. I’m a little concerned that he seems difficult to get a hold of by the Michigan sites (though clearly Alejandro was able to crack that nut). Generally you’d like to see a recruit so effusive and comfortable with Michigan that they don’t mind putting it out there. Hopefully it’s just a personality trait and not a bad sign.

Agree and sure hope that's right. I'm a little concerned that he seems difficult to get a hold of by the Michigan sites (though clearly Alejandro was able to crack that nut). Generally you'd like to see a recruit so effusive and comfortable with Michigan that they don't mind putting it out there. Hopefully it's just a personality trait and not a bad sign.

I heard that Kyle from Scout had managed to get ahold of him as well, but never found the reaction from that side of things.

2016 Gill St. Bernard (NJ) SG Tyus Battle (@kidmamba23) visited by Michigan on Jan. 7th. #B1G #T2SO http://t.co/712xfrN57A

— David Schneider (@ShowTimeNation) January 8, 2015

Interesting. Guess we’re still in the running. Question with recruits is whether our struggles say “opportunity” or “uh-oh.”

2016 Gill St. Bernard (NJ) SG Tyus Battle (@kidmamba23) visited by Michigan on Jan. 7th. #B1G #T2SO http://t.co/712xfrN57A

— David Schneider (@ShowTimeNation) January 8, 2015

Sam Webb mentioned the Battle visit on the recruiting roundup the other day, but there was not much about his interest in Michigan. I am getting a little worried about the lack of chatter about hoops recruiting. I remember wondering last year why there was so little buzz about 2015 recruiting during the season and we basically whiffed on everyone. I hope we aren’t heading for the same thing this year with 2016.

Without any inside knowledge, my own personal opinion is that we are only in strong position with Towns…I don’t think DT holds UM in the same regard he did prior to the summer. Not holding my breath on Battle, Winston, Ramsey, Murray, Cook. Langford could be a wild card…but I’m not overly optimistic in that regard either.

Thought we were in strong position with Thornton and Langford too, no?

For DT, I think “strong” may be the wrong term, as I think we are trending the wrong way. Still in his top 3 to the best of my knowledge, but I don’t think we are heading in the right direction. Not really all that knowledgeable concerning Langford’s recruitment to be honest. The fact that he recently visited has me intrigued though.

The thing with Langford is I haven’t heard about any of the heavyweights recruiting him all that aggressively unless I am missing something. Duke will wait out Battle for sure. He is definitely a kid that the blue bloods could try and get in on as kids on their board go elsewhere.

Thought we were in strong position with Thornton and Langford too, no?

Last update I’ve heard about Thornton is that michigan has fallen out of his top group. Still in it, but no longer in a leadership or top 2 position.

New mixtape of Langford

Looks like Langford dropped 31 & 20 over the weekend with Izzo watching.

THIS!!! RT @ehoopsshowcase: 2016 Josh Langford had 31pts and 20rebs last night with Michigan State's Tom Izzo in the building.

— Mark Edwards (@MEdwardsBball) January 11, 2015

Tom Izzo taking a look at Josh Langford tonight at @mamustang... #MichiganState pic.twitter.com/ZwkJh147su

— Mark Freeman (@mfreemantv) January 11, 2015

Taking Mark Freeman’s tweet literally along with the posted picture…

Josh Langford sure looks younger than I would have expected…