2016 Wing Recruiting (Ibi Watson)

Battle ‘may’ visit Jan. 10 vs. Minn. From the context of the interview, it sounds like Battle is already a Duke commit.

Langford going to be out for a while with hand injury which required surgery

http://www.waaytv.com/sports/madison-academy-s-josh-langford-out-for-extended-time-with/article_6ff9a904-81b3-11e4-b816-6366b0e76df0.html

Frankie Hughes with 28 points 6 rebs 4 assists with Clemson- Xavier and Duquesne in the gym #specialplayer

— Sonny Johnson (@sonnyjohnson32) December 13, 2014

As expected, there's been no decision or update from junior Jamal Murray on whether he will reclassify to 2015.

— Jeff Borzello (@jeffborzello) December 13, 2014

New film on Hughes from his season opener. This kid looks exactly like THJ out of HS, great catch and shoot player, above average verticality…but his handle is very soft. I will say though, I love the fact that he seems to have some ‘dog’ in him…

Had a chance to check out Bluiett today. Didn’t have the best shooting today, but is a very good rebounder…I don’t think many thought that would be a strong suit of his when he was in HS. Also a decent passer as well. Checked out his stats and he seems to really be doing well. I was HUGE on him out of HS. Really think he would’ve been a great fit here…he must have really irked the staff with the whole cancelled visit thing, cause that kid can flat out play despite his athletic limitations. Just one of Blueitt, Grantham, Looney, Etc would have really helped this team

No doubt. I watched Booker play against UCLA yesterday - he’s really good too. He was draining all the open threes we keep missing. Blueitt and Irvin (and their families) have been at strong odds for years dating back to when they were teammates at a young age - an unfortunate complication to the recruitment in addition to the cancelled visit deal.

We definitely targeted the right kids (Booker, Blueitt, Blackmon, Vince Edwards) - just our luck Chatman would be the only dud out of the group. I’m confident he’ll eventually be good, but he’s a work in progress right now at all aspects of the game.

LA - I don’t think I could’ve been more wrong about Kam…I honestly thought that kid would be instant impact. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that big of a discrepancy between HS film and college performance. I don’t want to be tough on the kid, but other than rebounding, he’s awful at everything on the court. I hate to say this, but his body language on the court looks noticeably bad…:wouldn’t be surprised in the least bit to see him transfer if things don’t turn around.

I agree, I thought he would make more of an impact. I’m starting to think a low level of high school competition, and sitting out a year in high school, are factors. Morris had the same issue (weak HS competition) and looked similarly lost as a freshman.

I agree on the body language part. One thing that bothers me with him is that he’s long and left-handed, yet never uses those attributes to get to the rim (at least not since the first couple games, where he got there and then couldn’t quite finish some drives - but that can be easily fixed).

I don’t see a transfer unless he loses his starting role and loses major minutes. It’s happening a bit right now, but realistically we can’t start Zak at the four and Spike in the backcourt. I think he’ll be a lot like Morris - lost this year, much better next. You also gotta figure he’s a prime candidate for Camp Sanderson this offseason.

Right now, though, along with the whole team’s weird inability to make open shots, Kam is killing us out there.

One positive from yesterday - Donnal. It seems maybe Dakich was right - you have to light a fire under him. He was way better yesterday at everything than he has been all year. He even looked good shooting threes. Honestly, I don’t know what you think of him, but Dakich is usually spot on with his criticisms of the team. His stuff yesterday (Caris loafing on defense, bad shots, not moving it from side to side) was spot on.

Kam’s physical transformation during the summer is the one thing that impressed me, much more toned vs his HS days…guess that’s why I don’t understand his lack of aggression.

Interesting that you say Oregon may have suspect competition. The guy behind me at yesterday’s game notably said “Geez, the HS ball in Oregon must be horrible, because Chatman was supposed to be the best player in the state”

I think Kam’s biggest problem is between the ears rather than physical. If he utilized his size and length to his advantage he would be much better. He plays the game like he’s 6’1 rather than 6’7

I don’t mind Dakich from an analytical standpoint, but he just has an obnoxious voice that irritates the hell out of me for some reason. I do admire his willingness to give it like he sees it rather than the politically correct BS

Donnal - has more natural athleticism than Doyle, he’s just tremendously soft. Also seems like his reaction time is a second behind everyone else on the court…until yesterday. He looked to be much more comfortable…even on his post isos he made decent moves but just missed the easy left handed bunny. Just looked much more fluid out there. Was extremely excited to see him get the offensive rebound and the and 1 putback…that’s the type if thing that will build his toughness and aggression

As to Kameron. Sometimes guys just don’t play up to their rankings. Just like some lower ranked guys blossom. Chatman reminds me of Jerod Ward who was the top ranked recruit and when he got to Michigan he bricked almost every shot he took. He just never made the adjustment to the improved competition.

Kam played in the LOWEST division in his State last year, really suspect competition. He was easily the most physically gifted player on the court with his ball handling ability and length. He could almost play at half speed because of the lack of defensive presence from the opposition. It’s a whole new world now, and he hasn’t adjusted very well as of yet. It’s anybody’s guess where his trajectory goes from here, but his lack of explosion and verticality is troubling. It’s doubtful he will ever be an elite finisher. I’m concerned about his body language and court prescence so far, doesn’t look engaged or enthused. I’m starting to wonder if Donnal could do any worse by moving to the 4? He has skills and underrated athletic ability, and what has Kam given us so far? Donnal has a perimeter mentality, and despite his slow release he can make a shot. I get the defensive concerns, but he isn’t any worse than what I’ve seen from Chatman. Right now anybody that can make a shot has value to this team, and that doesn’t appear to be Kam.

Doesn’t seem like we are a serious player in the Jamal Murray sweepstakes at this point…has been trending in the wrong direction for a while.

#Illini and #MSU are both in a strong position with Jamal Murray right now. http://t.co/GygWZzDhXo

— Derek Piper (@DerekPiperBSH) December 19, 2014

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2014-12-19/canadian-star-jamal-murray-considering-2015-michigan-state-illinois-louisville-indiana-missouri?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Looks like Frankie Hughes lit up Jon Teske and co. Sounds like Teske had a tough night rebounding.

Frankie Hughes w 5 threes at the half. G. Heights 14-28 from floor. Medina 8-of-28 went 6:26 w one basket. A 3 by Jimmy Clark. GH 36, Med 20

— Brad Bournival (@bbournival) December 20, 2014

Willie Jackson had 20 rebounds playing against 7-foot Michigan commit Jon Teske.

— David Cassilo (@dcassilo) December 20, 2014
Kam played in the LOWEST division in his State last year, really suspect competition. He was easily the most physically gifted player on the court with his ball handling ability and length. He could almost play at half speed because of the lack of defensive presence from the opposition. It's a whole new world now, and he hasn't adjusted very well as of yet. It's anybody's guess where his trajectory goes from here, but his lack of explosion and verticality is troubling. It's doubtful he will ever be an elite finisher. I'm concerned about his body language and court prescence so far, doesn't look engaged or enthused. I'm starting to wonder if Donnal could do any worse by moving to the 4? He has skills and underrated athletic ability, and what has Kam given us so far? Donnal has a perimeter mentality, and despite his slow release he can make a shot. I get the defensive concerns, but he isn't any worse than what I've seen from Chatman. Right now anybody that can make a shot has value to this team, and that doesn't appear to be Kam.

I wonder if Kam’s struggles will make them reconsider redshirt out Wilson. DJ didn’t look much more ready to play but who knows

New film on Bruce Brown. Reminds me of a poor man’s Russel Westbrook…not really a PG or SG, but just a lead guard. Needs to the ball in his hands to be effective

Reminds me a lot of Shannon Brown - jumper looks exactly the same. Similar athleticism though not quite as good as Brown (few are).

New film on Jamal Murray…would love to have some of that athleticism on our team…doesn’t seem like we’re much of a player for his services at this point

New film on Jamal Murray.........would love to have some of that athleticism on our team.......doesn't seem like we're much of a player for his services at this point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pmT_T6ublk

I am starting to think that our best case scenario for 2016 is Teske, Towns, Winston and a meh three star/ sleeper wing.