2016 Wing Recruiting (Ibi Watson)

Looks like Langford had a HUGE game last night

Josh Langford seals win with two free throws. 39pts, 16rebs, 5assist and 4stls.

— AllMetroHoops (@ehoopsshowcase) November 21, 2014

Apparently MSU was there to see Langford last night

Michigan State Assistant Coach Dane Fife is evaluating Josh Langford (AL) right now.

— Future150.com (@Future150) November 21, 2014

And here is evidence of the HUGE night from Langford. In no way, shape, or form is Tyus Battle approaching Josh Langford as a player, those 2 are on different stratospheres in my opinion. Langford is essentially a smaller/less explosive version of Jaylen Brown. This kid is special as well. His jumpshot looks damn good to me

Langford is off to a great start

Josh Langford finished with 30pts, 14 rebs and 8 assists in close loss. Spent a quarter and half sitting in foul trouble. #hhoopsgiving

— AllMetroHoops (@ehoopsshowcase) November 29, 2014

More new film of Langford from a Thanksgiving tournament. This kid is a beast, reminds me of a better shooting version of Lance Stephenson. Has a great handle for that size, strong as a bull, great rebounder and court vision. Any one of DT/Brown/Langford and this class is great.

Hope the kid is OK, he’s a special talent.

Hate to see Josh Langford helped off after holding his knee. Kid has battled injuries his whole career, finally looked healthy #SEMO

— Josh Frydman (@Josh_Frydman) December 3, 2014

New film on Frankie Hughes

Matt, remember when you said he wasn’t a very good athlete? :slight_smile: Should we strike out with Battle and Langford, I would be all over this kid.

Admitted long ago he’s an above average athlete (not great or elite). Good plan C. THJ clone in my opinion

I really like this kids game. Love it when guys go to the tin aggressively looking to dunk the ball instead of just laying it in

Handle is still suspect but his finishing/athleticism has certainly improved

Matt, when a THJ clone is a “Plan C” for us, you can’t complain about recruiting too much. :slight_smile:

I beg to differ because there is a big difference between target and commit.

I can complain when option A & B are vastly superior. If we can get any one of our 4 PG offers then 16 has been a success in my view. If not, we need one of Langford or Brown for it to be considered a success.

How many minutes do you guys think are available at the PG position if DW stays? That’s the question the next PG will be asking.

I think it’s a moot point if Walton stays because he’ll be a senior when a 16 PG hits the court in addition to the fact that JB has consistently featured a 2 PG offense.

AND the fact that Walton can slide off the ball because he’s such a good spot up shooter!

Matt, when a THJ clone is a "Plan C" for us, you can't complain about recruiting too much. :)

hah yyyeah right

Well, we’ll see if Options A and B (Battle and Langford) end up being better college players than Tim Hardaway Jr. They could, but it’s easily possible they will not be.

I’ll agree with this, though. We need to land some stud players in 2016. Now, it could be that we land our top targets, or it could be that we go after Plan C targets like Hughes, but we will need some difference makers at PG and wing.

With that said, assuming we keep winning at a pretty solid pace (say top 10-25), and putting guys in the league, I have a hard time imagining why we wouldn’t land some talented guys.

2016 Jamal Murray 31 points. 9/18 FG's, 5/10 from 3PT land, 8/9 FT's h2h against USA's top scoring HS prospect in 2015 class Malik Newman

— Hoops Hype Canada (@HoopsHypeCA) December 7, 2014

New Film on Murray