2016 Wing Recruiting (Ibi Watson)

Even though we've all been told they don't matter in recruiting these days...

HOMEGROWN! Detroit! These guys were a huge part of the reason I'm at Michigan!

Unfortunately, Detroit doesn’t produce the talent it used to.

I liked Larry Nance Jr. Not sure why we passed on him.

Very simple, he couldn’t shoot. As Dylan mentioned, athleticism/rebounding have taken a back seat to shooting in the past under JB.

I liked Nance as well, went to see him in person for a game. They ended up offering Max instead IIRC… Seems like that was probably just a bad read.

Would be very surprised if there was any truth to this

Duke and Michigan currently lead for 2016 5-star target Tyus Battle, per a source from the NJ Advance Media. #OrangeRecruiting

— Syracuse Basketball (@syracusebball) November 1, 2014

It’s what scouting sites and other media do to get pages clicks from people they know will hang on every rumor. Not even sure what it means to “lead” for a recruit this far ahead of signing day, even if Battle had said to them flat out “Michigan and Duke are my two favorites right now” (which I doubt).

Would be very surprised if there was any truth to this

Duke and Michigan currently lead for 2016 5-star target Tyus Battle, per a source from the NJ Advance Media. #OrangeRecruiting

— Syracuse Basketball (@syracusebball) November 1, 2014
I'm not surprised.

GC - I think you are the VERY small minority in that regard

New highlights from Langford, roughly 30 seconds of athleticism. Langford seems to have shed a few pounds, and appears a bit more explosive.

5-star junior SG Tyus Battle RT @kidmamba23: Cutting down college list tomorrow

Local HS basketball writer here in Jersey, Jeremy Schneider stated via Twitter that Duke and Michigan lead all others for Battle.

Video feature on Battle http://zagsblog.com/articles/tyus-cuts-list-as-part-of-the-battle-plan/

Local HS basketball writer here in Jersey, Jeremy Schneider stated via Twitter that Duke and Michigan lead all others for Battle.
I'm not surprised.

Me either considering the fact that I provided that very tweet 2 days ago; I would be very surprised if there was any truth to it

New highlights from Langford, roughly 30 seconds of athleticism. Langford seems to have shed a few pounds, and appears a bit more explosive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXa8CDw715I&feature=youtu.be

Lighter and more explosive Langford > Battle (IMO)

Couldn’t agree more, I don’t view Battle as 5 star/top 20ish type player. No doubt Battle is a good player, but I think a ranking in the 30-50ish range is more appropriate.

I know Dylan has him on the 16 PG board, but I’m placing it here, because I believe Murray is strictly a wing. Doesn’t display enough ballhandling/change of direction to be a PG at the next level in my opinion. Still an impressive prospect at the 2, like Murray just as much as Battle.

Opening game film on Josh Langford, comp looks rather poor. The jumpshot has been the big question on Langford. It looks pretty damn good here, both off the bounce and catch and shoot. If he can truly shoot the ball that well, Langford is a much better prospect than Battle in my opinion. Langford is just a smaller/poor man’s version of Brown, and I say that in a complimentary fashion. Langford is only behind Brown and DT on my wishlist, he is a very special player as well.

Duke and UM have been in GREAT position for MONTHS with Battle. Stop reading into quotes from interviews.