Upcoming Season

I can’t believe people thought Turgeon of all people was gonna succeed with a young team. Just compare the talent/experience on last year’s Maryland to this years version, and it’s no comparison. And that team finished only 23rd in KenPom. Good recruiter, bad coach.

2 Likes

Sparty in a dog fight with Florida Gulf Coast (minus their best player). Tied with 4 minutes left

Eron Harris delivering down the stretch. FGC battling

Sparty getting so lucky. Looked like Spartan Bob is working the clock. How did over a second go off for a missed FT?

2 Likes

This game is being fixed. Florida Gulf Coast os totally getting jobbed.

2 Likes

Utterly ridiculous. The clock operation on the last three plays was just a joke, as was the decision not to replay the play. He was supposed to know the shot counted even though the horn incorrectly went before he caught it?

6 Likes

That ending was ridiculous. Spartan Bob strikes again.

1 Like

Cheaters.

What was the deal with the technical foul on fgcu?

The 2.4 seconds was unreasonable then they took another .8 second off when bridges blocked the pass in. Then they sounded the horn as the fgcu player was shooting. Wtf?

NCAA committee should count that as a loss.

How the heck do you not check to see if .8 of a second should actually be off the clock on the bridges blocked pass in?

Maybe that can’t be checked? I don’t know. Can they check the clock there?

I don’t see why they couldn’t. They seem to check it every other time.

A lot o’ home cookin’ from the “impartial” game crew there. But at the end of the day, it helps Michigan that MSU won that game — better for the opponent/conference computer rankings.

Would be nice if the conference officially reprimanded Sparty, though. And it might be time for the conference to officially crew/travel clock operators for all B1G Conference games — treat that position like the 3 zebras on the court

Are they actually allowed to replay the final 1.4 seconds though?? I agree it’s ridiculous the way it ended but do the referees have that option to actually replay it? I can’t recall the ending of a game being replayed like that of course it probably never really has happened.

I guess I don’t really see why it’s any different from when they add time on the clock in other cases of clock malfunction.

Anyone worried about South Carolina? They don’t seem very good.

They have some athletic wings. Their best players are p.j. Dozier and sindarius Thornwell. Both are 6’5/6’6 wing players. Their bigs are not good. They should win about 21-23 games this year. I’d say their team is built a lot like Marquette. If we keep playing like we have the first 4 games, we should win by about 10 or so.
They beat Monmouth by 1 and Louisiana tech by 9.

1 Like

Some 2K Classic video cut ups

Welp, I don’t think any of us expected Michigan to be 12 spots ahead of MSU on kenpom after 4 games.

2 Likes

Now imagine what the rankings would look like without preseason projections still factored in, lol.

2 Likes

Speaking of that, do you (Or anyone) know when the preseason projections are 100% out of the equation?