Upcoming Season

Yeah, recruit me some more Wagner’s and Wilsons!

1 Like

16 Assists to 4 Turnovers as a team is insane. That’s all besides the 9-11 FT’s and 42% on threes.

1 Like

55/64 FTs (85%) has quietly been a great sign. Makes it tough for the other team to try to disrupt the offensive flow/scheme

Nice tournament overall they still need to improve rebounding a lot, SMU rebounded half of their misses. Maybe Michigan is a much improved rebounding team and SMU is just great at pounding the boards but 18 offensive rebounds given up? Walton and Donnal were really good. We might have to slow our roll on Wagner he shows some real good signs but he will need to avoid foul trouble in order to have more success. Hopefully in the future if Michigan has 20+ point blowouts Walton won’t be playing 34 minutes.

To be fair, Michigan held SMU to 2 offensive boards in the first half and was up by 19 points.

2 Likes

Yeah, I wouldn’t be worried about defensive rebounding. Just a bad half. We were a good defensive rebounding team last year starting Duncan.

John Gasaway on UM

Yeah, the late 2nd half rebounding was annoying. But given the overall picture, I’ll take that game in its entirety.

Wagner and Robinson didn’t even have good games and we still dominated. Never figured that would be the case. Hopefully Beilein is writing notes, he has 3 bigs (6’9", 6’10", and 6’11") that are athletic, can defend, and can step out and shoot. Get more of those guys and use Donlon’s defense and look what happens!

He has only played a handful of minutes but in my opinion Teske shows a lot of promise. He sets very solid screens and rolls out of screens very quickly for someone his size. He disrupts the opponent bumping and blocking constantly. When this kid puts on 40 pounds of muscle we are going to have a more mobile Haas but with a soft shooting stroke.

3 Likes

He looked really calm too. Both he and x need time to learn how to run the offense but both looked super poised for it being their 4th game.

Not super relevant other than knowing how many poll voters saw the game but curious how we rank next week.

It was an awesome set of games to see in person. Energy, attitude, confidence. Hadn’t felt that good about the teams potential since the ill game before caris went out

3 Likes

Agree, except for the 40# part. He’s already 245, just tone it up a bit maybe 10#.

1 Like

Maybe Teske would be better staying on the “light” side if that is what you are suggesting, but Haas is listed at 290.

They got so many second half rebounds because the game was well in hand. We turned the intensity down. This team appears to be a very good rebounding team.

If they rebound and defend/ share the ball like that there is little doubt in my mind this could be a very, very good team. Big ten champ good.

1 Like

I’m not disputing Haas’ weight, but I don’t think 40# would serve Teske well. He’s already got a strong base and quick feet. He’s got relatively narrow upper body compared to Haas. He could definitely use a little muscle tone up top, but Haas is a plodder and I would hate to see Teske lose his natural quickness by bulking up.

You might be right, in that it might be preferable if he stays below 260 but I also wonder if his body is going to just naturally fill out on the heavier side. He looks more manly every week…Anyway, I am very intrigued by Teske…I think he is going to be a good player either way.

Our front court future is bright. I’m
More concerned with Simpson / Brooks. Our wings should be set for a few years. Maar, Mathews, Poole ibi is very good. Could use another sf I siuppose.

Donall really has been awesome but with teske, wagner, Wilson, livers, Davis it could be tough. Either way this beilein can’t recruit thing is looking pretty stupid now. The shelves are stocked.

Id love to see ibi a bit more. I really think he’s gonna blossom. He seems like an all around gem.

2 Likes

Hopefully against USC we show PJ Dozier why he made a bad decision.

1 Like

MSU problem is that they lost 7 players from last year’s team and the ones that returned are not all that good. They are young and inexperienced and not used to playing together and their point guard play is not good.
They will get better throughout the season, but I am not sure how much better.

Maryland down 10 at home to Towson in the 2nd half. 0 points from the bench and Heurter so far. Trimble and Jackson the only two with a pulse

The people who picked them to finish ahead of us must be hating themselves right now. They haven’t looked good at all.

1 Like