The State of UM Basketball

Why all the stipulations? looooooool. Yall are so confident in JB’s defensive prowess and the guard talent going forward then clearly you have no worries.

It’s not an excuse. I’ll send $200 to @umhoops right now if he is willing to hold our money until the bet is won by one of us.

There is no way in hell I’m trusting you to pay up in 4 years if you end up being wrong.

If you aren’t okay with someone acting as an escrow, then no bet. Pretty standard and pretty simple.

Because I think if Beilein coaches for 4 more years, he will field a top 50 defense. He might not do it in 1 year if he decides to retire after next year.

LOL typical Hail

Can’t come up with the $200 to send Dylan right now to hold for us?

Or are you just excited trying to make a bet you can just avoid paying by disappearing in 4 years?

I’m just glad we got Guestavo to admit that Beilein has fielded two defenses that are not only good, but “damn good” by his definition.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m not sending $200 atm that could be used elsewhere when its just going to be returned to me in 4 years, assuming nothing dramatically changes. Your whole “he is dishonest and not trustworthy” routine is just a way for you to get out from under the bet which is fine…I simply don’t care that much lol.

Bet terms:
$200 each held by a poster (hopefully Dylan) as an escrow service.
If Beilein coaches at Michigan through the 2020/2021 and fields a top 50 END OF SEASON Kenpom AdjD, hail wins.
If Beilein coaches at Michigan through 2020/2021 and fields a top 50 END OF SEASON Kenpom AdjD, guestavo wins.
If Beilein does not coach at Michigan through 2020/2021, the bet is voided and each of us get our money back.

Accept or no?

Nope…I’ll still get the satisfaction of rubbing it in your face, money or no money lol.

Okay, no bet. Carry on.

Got him to trip over his own feet. Nice one.

1 Like

You guys need to use one of these electronic prediction markets. http://tippie.biz.uiowa.edu/iem/
Intrade is another.

1 Like

Guestavo can’t even afford to lose face, let alone $200.

3 Likes

kicks feet up and waits for JB to field top 50 adjD or replicate Dayton 2014 run

The problem, at least for me, with your contrarian and cynical opinions isn’t that they’re largely in disagreement with mine, but that you seem to relish our team’s past, present, and future failures. Because you dont like the coach? I guess I don’t understand the type of fandom.

1 Like

Nope just fighting antagonism with antagonism

My initial point was that JB needed to procure better perimeter talent. That was me being optimistic and realistic given what I know about JB and the system. If people want to talk about yielding top 50 defenses then I’m going to laugh at that assertion since we should all know JB and the system well by now. It seems the people who think defense is the problem would want a different coach, correct?

Baby, meet candy.

1 Like

continues to kick feet up and waits for JB to field top 50 adjD or replicate Dayton 2014 run

He literally just circled three times where this has been achieved. You’ve always been negative, but this is throwing out ANY objectivity you could possibly claim to have. This is just absurd.

1 Like

if he has done it frequently then it should be no issue betting me up til 2021

continues to kick feet up and waits for JB to field top 50 adjD or replicate Dayton 2014 run