The State of UM Basketball

Bet terms:
$200 each held by a poster (hopefully Dylan) as an escrow service.
If Beilein coaches at Michigan through the 2020/2021 and fields a top 50 END OF SEASON Kenpom AdjD, hail wins.
If Beilein coaches at Michigan through 2020/2021 and fields a top 50 END OF SEASON Kenpom AdjD, guestavo wins.
If Beilein does not coach at Michigan through 2020/2021, the bet is voided and each of us get our money back.

Accept or no?

3 years out of 25…gotta love those odds going forward. not sure why someone would make excuses not to accept that bet.

So do you accept?

Who do you trust as an escrow service?

I trust you to pay up in 2021.

I don’t trust you to pay in 2021.

sounds like an excuse…not like you had a chance of winning but too bad.

You not having $200 to put into an escrow sounds like an excuse.

So again, guestavo is making excuses. No bet.

No surprise.

Have a good night. Go Blue!

@guestavo1 I haven’t followed the whole thread but caught that you think we’d struggle to make a deep run in the tourney despite being #11 (or something) in Offensive Rating but lack an NBA level guard. I don’t COMPLETELY agree but I think a good example would be Purdue - who I believe are rated around #20 in Offense but are totally geared by their bigs and lack good guard play as well and many think they’ll struggle to make a deep run (as usual).

1 Like

yeah, i think they lack the good guard play/dynamism to win it all but they have the offense/defense balance to make a run.

And yet there was UNC last year, 3 points away from winning the championship with a team completely built around post players (All 4 players with usage rates >20% were forwards/centers).

1 Like

Right. And they were ranked Top 10 practically all year, won the ACC regular season and tournament. They definitely made it work all season. Kind of reminds me of Baylor this year.

Justin Jackson as post player is the funniest thing insinuated today

Huh? Not sure what you’re even responding to. My comment was referring to you saying that guard play and “dynamism” is needed to win it all. Justin Jackson is a forward, as I said. a 3/4, the position he plays at UNC, is the definition of the small forward position. You insinuating anything else is the funniest thing I’ve heard today. Not sure where you got that I said he is a post player. Probably your imagination. That team was built around post players. Brice Johnson, Kennedy Meeks, and Isaiah Hicks were 3 of the top 4 players by usage rate. You’re literally arguing against facts, not even opinion. You’re completely unhinged at this point, making up arguments.

1 Like

Justin Jackson is a 2/3 wing, a perimeter player…not debatable.

Like I said, unhinged. While you’re blatantly wrong about that (He’s a 3/4 and played 5 against Florida State due to foul trouble. As I said, the definition of a small FORWARD) it really has nothing to do with my point that UNC’s runner up 2016 team was built around post play.

2 Likes

That UNC team was just supremely talented. Bryce Johnson was obviously the alpha, and rightly so. He had a monster senior season, and his 25% usage was justified. After him, the team was very balanced. Paige, Berry, Britt, Meeks, and Hicks were all between 19.4 and 21.9%.

The team might have been built around post players, as Williams likes to do, but Paige was drafted, Jackson will definitely be drafted, and Berry might even get drafted. UNC had a very good backcourt.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m not saying that they didn’t have a decent backcourt. I’m just laughing at the fact that Guestavo said there’s never been a #1 efficiency offense without an NBA guard, then after getting called out due to UNC achieving it last season using Paige, who never made an NBA roster, and Jackson, who is not a guard and was not projected to get drafted after last season by SI and Draft Express, as his examples. And I doubt Joel Berry breaks into the NBA unless his passing improves dramatically. He’s more of a SG in a PG’s body. I really don’t think my “completely built around post play” comment is debatable, the entire Roy Williams shtick is to get athletic big guys who crash the offensive glass insanely hard. I just think Guestavo suffers from anosognosia.

I think the best part of this whole thing has to be Guestavo going to twitter after this to try and appeal to his followers, only to get zero response (Bonus point for the patented Guestavo straw man argument that I said Jackson was a post player rather than a forward).

1 Like

Lmao I can’t :joy:

1 Like