The State of UM Basketball

JB is never fielding a good defense. Point. blank. period.

We look to great offense, bad defenses to see how they overcame their deficit.

Then anyone should just get drafted if that is the case or you should be hired as a NBA scout. No one is wasting an asset on Walton, a clear distinction with Paige. No on is wasting an asset on Irvin, a clear distinction with Jackson.

2014 Dayton
2013 Marquette if you use the pre-tourney data (they were just outside of 50 in pre-tourney and just inside post-tourney)

are the only examples I can find going back to 2012 using those parameters

1 Like

Well I look forward to Walton and Paige’s future matchups in the D-league where Paige can prove what a dynamic asset he is in the NBA head to head

1 Like

So 2014 Dayton is our best hope for not having a NBA guard and a bad defense and making a deep run. Glad to clear that up. Personally, I like the approaching of finding a dynamic NBA caliber perimeter talent better, since we know JB is never fielding a great defense.

UNC was first in offensive efficiency because of ridiculous offensive rebounding, not guard play. Walton’s current year is pretty much just as good as Paige’s best, with Paige just taking more shots. Walton’s Big Ten season has been better by a decent margin than Paige’s best. Saying he was an NBA guard screams “I never watched this guy play.” He was much beloved for his leadership but incredibly frustrating.

2 Likes

Then Walton should be in consideration for a 2nd round pick and at least be a valuable trade asset? You can keep rationalizing however you want but NBA personnel don’t see it the same way.

At one point guestavo use to respond to posts like this by saying the numbers trump the eye test. Now since he’s made up “dynamism” he can’t really go back to that now.

1 Like

Michigan defense in 2011: 38
Michigan defense in 2013: 39

Laughable.

3 Likes

Yes, its laughable you cite JB’s best year which would be one of Bo’s worst and think its replicable going forward. Are you open to placing any bets about JB fielding a top defense until his retirement? Name your price.

Those defenses weren’t dynamic enough.

1 Like

My comment speaks for itself and stands on its own. I don’t care about Bo Ryan or placing bets on anything. You said Michigan is “never fielding a good defense. Point. blank. period.” When by you’re definition they’ve already had two defenses that are “pretty damn good.” Objectivity = dead.

1 Like

$200 says Beilein will have a top 50 defense a minimum of 1 team by the time his current contract is up.

Yes, JB is not fielding a good defense and I stand by that. You’re using the same logic you used when JB was plucking 3 stars and convincing us they were the next Burke, THJR or Caris LOL

Deal. Thank you for the easy money.

It’s only a deal if we agree on an a poster here acting as an escrow to hold our money until then.

I couldn’t think of a poster that I would trust less to pay up on a bet.

Here come the excuses loooooooool. Don’t disappear 4 years from now.

And to be clear, the bet is void if Beilein is fired, resigns, or retires before his current contract is up.