The State of UM Basketball

This team needs Harbaugh.

1 Like

Iā€™d put out X, Ibi, Duncan, DJ and Moā€¦let the others earn their time.

Canā€™t have two sets of standards for your team. Ideally, those players will earn minutes and starts in practice. At worst, during games where they need to eat minutes (due to injury, foul trouble, etc) they step up and prove to themselves that their hard work is paying off.

@MattD @tarverine @buckets12 @hailtoyourvictor @LosAngelesWolverine1 and a bunch of other regular posters, was wondering why you dont participate in the games open threads. I guess I mostly do because my friends arenā€™t that into basketball, so I need somewhere to complain and exclaim during timeouts. Just thought itā€™d be interesting to hear peoples real-time in-game thoughts and analysis.

For me I just like to focus on the game liveā€¦just out of habit I guess

1 Like

I probably would if we did them through the forum. Harder for me to follow along to the Open Threads.

1 Like

Iā€™ve always just been a ā€œfollow what the smart people say on Twitterā€ type of guy. Iā€™m also a ā€œgets very mad about sportsā€ type of guy so game threads arenā€™t my forte, although Iā€™ve never tried participating in them before. Now that Iā€™m back at UNC from break and I wonā€™t be going to the Michigan games I might try following the game on twitter with my phone and going to the game threads with the computer, although the issue is that with Big Ten Network not being out here I have to stream it on my laptop.

1 Like

My answer is pretty much the same as Hailā€™s. I follow along in the open threads but I generally find the commentary in the forum to be a lot more enjoyable and easier. Sometimes the threads turn into ā€œJust cut Zak Irvin and all our problems are solvedā€ and itā€™s turned me away a little bit. Would love a game thread option on the forum but Iā€™m sure Dylan wants to direct traffic to the open thread itself

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™m mostly just on twitter during games.

@umhoops is that the case? Or would it be cool to have a forum thread, for individual games?

Start one and see if you get yelled at :slight_smile:

ā€¦sorry, that was probably my comment at one point haha! :laughing:

2 Likes

Haha! well youā€™re definitely not the only one thatā€™s for sure

1 Like

The state of UM basketball in one pictureā€¦

5 Likes

Well, we have a top 10 paid coach. Michigan charges $100 for a t shirt. $150 for a good ticket. $20 for a coke.

All signs point to having a program in the thick of the hunt for a big ten title every year. At least thatā€™s what my wallet is telling me.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s supposed to be an insult for us being soft? Traditionally weā€™ve beaten Illinois 10 out of 11 times so if so idk what the point of saying that is.

5 Likes

Since peaking at 15 on kenpom after SMU weā€™ve been on a pretty much constant decline down to 47. Weā€™re 151st on defense. I mean all I can do is laugh at this point.

1 Like

We were a top 50 defense before the UCLA game.

1 Like