The State of UM Basketball

While it’s true that Donnal improved last year, it seems he has lost any resemblance of confidence that he had. He’s so soft it actually makes me cringe.

He is very soft. Dawkins’ defense made me cringe. I remember a Beilein quote last year about how he had to ream donnal to get him to step up. That’s not a good sign.

1 Like

I think it’s the rare guy who can play the point at a very high level without an outside shot, especially in our offense. Morris did it, and MHoops1 says Morris’ outside shot is way better than Eastern’s.

Let’s say we don’t get Bamba, and Elliott is still picking a school this spring (seems like that’s the case, right, since he didn’t sign early)? Still no chance at an offer? I like his game. He could help us for sure.

But none of us have seen recent film on Brooks, right? Jay Wright is pretty good at finding guards. That offer (and to a lesser extent the OSU offer) means something IMO.

1 Like

Have to agree here with respect to lack of live evaluation - that’s why I have no gripe for those that disagree. I really am rooting for the kid because he and his family are really good people. But seeing him at 5’11 in person, in conjunction with his limited handle and speed/lateral movement has me inclined to think we could’ve done better. I would love to be a fool on this one, really solid kid.

Obviously I can’t say with 100% certainty, but I go back with Greg for 5 years, as my daughter plays on the same AAU club as Greg’s sister…and I don’t think it’s likely under any scenario. Of course things can change though

Michigan’s John Beilein continues his search for toughness as Maryland game nears

According to his recent comments Belien agrees with you that the team is too nice and lacks toughness. Which begs the question of why in the hell didn’t they bring Spike back. Even injured he would be a positive influence on the team.

A post was split to a new topic: Tickets Wanted / Exchange / Questions

I was just thinking that watching the Purdue game last night. He’s high energy and, with the limited minutes X has gotten, it doesn’t seem like Spike’s presence would have hurt his development much. If anything, it would have been less burden on Walton. Hindsight is always 20/20 though.

Maybe Spike wanted a bigger role and decided to leave on his own.

That could very well be true…

I’d like to add. Can we beat Northwestern, Illinois, Nebraska, Minnesota, and that tier of the big ten? I really do not think so. I made a thread going into deep detail/frustration about the team.

Don’t post much, but amid all the recent negativity regarding the state of the program, it’s nice to remember that these are just kids… and there is fun and camaraderie that we don’t often see…

and Dakich got got!

2 Likes

That was a really cool video.

1 Like

We need a road win at Illinois tomorrow. If we drop to 1-3, IMHO, we are dangerously close to the point of benching the seniors and start playing the younger guys. This would involve moving Teske up to #2, increasing Simpson’s minutes by 50% and working Watson into the rotation. As Harbaugh says, you get better by playing.

Harbaugh also calls his team a meritocracy