Recruiting Notes

He’s just a shooter. Not very athletic. Solid passer. He’s got song way to go. What’s funny is we have recruited all these shooters and they can’t even shoot that well when guarded.

There’s so many 18 and 19 on city rocks that we should shoot for. Two are posted above.

Which player?

Girard, he’s young though so we shall see. I’m sure jimmer (same high school/ aau) was the same way

Here is another euro candidate

1 Like

@MattD You in the gym yet? Says the start time is 5:30.

Yep. 6 mins left in Cass Tech/Lansing Everett game.

This is exactly why Johns has to produce in EYBL to get his stock back up - Cass up 10 over Everett (who only lost by 6 to Johns/East Lansing). Cass is a mediocre team in the PSL…Johns comp level in HS is poor

I haven’t been to a HS basketball game in years. Nothing of quality worth watching up in the U.P. or northern Wisconsin.

We moved to Milwaukee this summer and I was looking forward to going to some of Poole’s games and then I found out he transferred. I’m jealous!

Might be worth a drive to Chicago. Absolutely great HS ball in the Chi

If there is ever a Michigan commit from there for sure.

For now I’ll live vicariously through your updates. You WILL be updating, right??

Definitely. Take a look at my Twitter

Elliott absolutely shutting Livers down in the half court. Has not taken a single dribble vs Elliott in the half court. Livers hit a catch and shoot 3 early and the rest off lobs in transition. As predicted, he’s clearly not comfortable vs Greg on the perimeter.

The red flag for me…Greg having his way vs Livers on the glass.

On the other hand, it is absolutely clear to me Greg Elliott is a player Michigan should offer. He is absolutely dominating on both ends

Understand if you dont have time to answer this immediately, but: Assuming Bamba tells us no, do you think Michigan should offer Greg before exploring more talented wing options? I know you are partial to Greg, but you have also been pleading for Beilein to find an “instant-impact, NBA” type. Do you think Greg is that? And, if not, why should Michigan take him rather than taking their time and probing for more highly-touted players? Also, just how interested is Greg?

Quickly…Elliott isn’t instant impact because he’s simply too light at this point.

But I would offer because the likelihood of obtaining someone better in the 17 cycle is slim to none at the wing.

Then the question becomes will an 18 prospect be better than Greg as a sophomore…I highly doubt it

1 Like

Thanks for the response. So you prefer Greg to Ryan and Carmody? And also better than Hunter (it’s a given you think he’s better than Johns), assuming we dont feel required to pickup a 4?

Yes. Greg will be better as a sophomore than either Carmody or especially Ryan as freshman

I really really like Greg but I wouldn’t offer unless 2 or 3 spots open up. One of those spots SHOULD be left open to pursue a Damion Lee, Rodney Pryor, Dylan Ennis type instant impact creator on the transfer market.

You know Beilein doesn’t vigorously get in that market, G.

Had a nice long talk with Dave and Isaiah after the game. Got a nice pic I figured you guys would like as well

1 Like

he better adjust/grow or risk serious deficits next year.

Caveats apply because I don’t think Ant Wright is very knowledgeable when it comes to scouting but just indicates that I’m not the only one that thinks Greg is extremely undervalued