College Hoops Open Thread

So . . . it’s looking like Texas A&M in Los Angeles. Interesting.

Have to agree…really underachieved on home court no less!

1 Like

Their length and size from SF, PF, and C is going to be a real problem. I feel pretty comfortable playing them though. Unless they shoot like they are today lol

3 Likes

Shooting has been a problem in the tourney for us. Has our rebounding regressed too? It seems like we’ve given up a lot of OREBs this week.

obviously ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN IN MARCH applies here…

But Texas A&M has zero 40% shooters from three and only 2 guys on the entire roster that make better than 32% from deep.

They play 2 traditional post presences. Their only elite area as a team is offensive and defensive rebounding and we are great on the defensive boards and don’t even want offensive boards…

They are extremely turnover prone and don’t force turnovers.

They are as bad from the free throw line as we are.

They give up a bunch of three point attempts.

This is a DREAM matchup this late in the tournament in my eyes. Every final four run usually takes some combo of a crazy buzzer beater and/or some luck with upsets along the way. This is getting more and more real by the second…

18 Likes

Can I like this post three times?

2 Likes

Is North Carolina playing bad D or is TAMU just on fire? From what I’ve watched there’s been a lot of wide open looks

TAMU is a pretty good shot blocking team - at least Robert Williams is. I haven’t seen them block that many, but wonset if they’re just discouraging.

Right on cue, another open look.

1 Like

They aren’t even a good defensive rebounding team (like 120th)

1 Like

A&M looks fantastic today. They’re 21-12 on the year? Huh.

Lost to LSU twice!

Berry doing his best Cassius Winston impersonation.

1 Like

Coach B is dissecting this zone as we speak.

The personnel is actually MSU-ish

Davis a shorter fat-body who is an effective offensive scorer (a better Ward)

Williams is a less skilled Jackson (he can’t shoot)

Hogg is like an extreme poor-man’s Bridges

Match me up against big teams without major scoring options at the 4 and who have a high usage point guard. Dream matchup. We can hold up against the size, and run bigs off the floor with Mo’s shooting. X will lock down their point.

3 Likes

Now THAT is good. You win the internets today, Tom.

1 Like

M’s reputation will precede them and many will predict TAMU destroying M on the boards

Very interesting, I sure picked the right team to root for in March. A&M looks unstoppable here, but they’re getting an absurd amount of open looks. They certainly weren’t that great during the regular season minus a random 20 point WVU demolition to open the season and they only beat providence by 4.

Oh yeah? Let’s just see how A & M will fare against Michigan’s 1-3-1 Zone that some analysts will say they still run.

8 Likes