College Hoops Open Thread

MSU fans on Twitter act like the zone was just invented.

Syracuse lost 13 games this year!!

Spartans MISSED 29 three attempts. Make 1 more you win

Is it true Izzo has lost his last five games against ‘Cuse?

Michigan State, Virginia, North Carolina, and Arizona should get together and play the media FF

6 Likes

I know that the Michigan win colors my perception, but is this a great tournament so far, or what?

7 Likes

So open perusing this A&M team’s KP page, they appear to be trash.

This Starks Dude has like 29% usage and a sub 90 O rating!!!

1 Like

I can’t get over the MSU minutes distribution: Carter>Tillman>McQuaid>Ward>Jackson Jr.

4 Likes

I understand they were ranked as high as five early in the season, suffered an injury to one player and a suspension? I don’t think you assume anything but a battle in a game like this, but four-and-a-half days to prep for Beilein is a nice gift; if UM is due for a game where they’re hitting from outside, let this be it.

1 Like

The defensive rebounding will be tested against A&M. Pass that test, and I’ll feel very good about UM’s chances. Maybe their putting it all together, but they’ve been fairly middling in most other statistical categories.

1 Like

They lost Duane Wilson (from Marquette) in mid-February post collapse. They were hot in November/December, and then started collapsing starting December 30th. So it’s been a while

1 Like

Simpson vs Starks will be fun

Recently bias surely has a factor, but damn has this tourney been magnificent in terms of game results and finishes. However, the stain of absolutely disgraceful reffing is present on many games. The end of Marshall-Wichita state taking 30 minutes for the final game minute being the prime example. Still, it’s already in history with the first 16 seed upset. Even with the UNC blowout I’ve loved it so far.

4 Likes

Again the home court has zero to no impact on the results.

Donnal with an early air ball from 3

Another fun week ahead. Thank you Jordan Poole

4 Likes

So it’s highly likely that one of John Calipari, Chris Mack, Mick Cronin, Mark Few or John Beilien will be coaching in the national title game this year (barring insanity in the form of upsets).

Not only do I think JB is the best coach on that entire side of the bracket in terms of preparation, in-game adjustments, etc. but I really think the Big Ten title run version of this team from weeks ago might just be the best team on the whole left half of the field. Fingers crossed we can find that form again cuz this thing is wide open now that team like Virginia, UNC, Zona have gone down

EDIT: GO AHEAD AND TAKE MICK CRONIN OUT GOD I LOVE MARCH

2 Likes

I was at LCA today and watched MSU lose, for some reason MSU couldn’t figure out how to use Jaren Jackson. One of the writers for the Free Press wrote what people on this site have been saying…

Izzo used 10 players. He tried going without a point guard. He tried two big men and three wings. He sifted through so many combinations I’m not sure he even knew was on the floor at any given time. It’s hard to blame Izzo. Syracuse’s zone will do this. And yet … Ben Carter? Yes, the senior transfer often made the right reads from the middle of the zone. But late in the game he struggled to make decisions. And he didn’t want to shoot.

That’s a problem. So is not having your most talented players on the floor. Jaren Jackson Jr. played 15 minutes, and almost none down the stretch. He’s too good not to get a better look.

2 Likes

Auburn going down in flames. It was 15-13 last I had checked lol. Just need Clemson to get out of that region and all the scumbag coaches will have lost.

3 Likes

Wow. Cincinnati gave up a 22 point lead in ten minutes.

1 Like

More great results! Was really hoping to see Auburn get smoked, but no–they’re getting cremated!

1 Like

32-8 run by Nevada

1 Like

Announcer prefers last shot over 2 point lead off good look