College Hoops Open Thread

5 Likes

Is the Izzo post-game streaming anywhere?

3 Likes

I, too, would like to witness the Spartanfreude™!

4 Likes

Ben Carter played 23 minutes. 7 more than Ward and 8 more than Jackson. Carter hasn’t played 10+ minutes in a game before this weekend since the end of November.

Jackson didn’t have a good game, but he still brought down 8 boards. Ward played good on offense, going 4-5 from the floor and drawing a few fouls.

Kenny Goins 3 minutes stint resulting in a turnover, awful shot and awful foul.

That game was all on Izzo. Awful management.

5 Likes

If we play A&M how long until Bryce Davis has Moe in foul trouble? 2, maybe 3 possessions?

LOOONG way to go here but I never gave much thought to potentially facing A&M. How do we matchup with them? Seems worrisome with their team height but Kenpom would favor us by 4.

Still assuming UNC wins but just curious.

4 Likes

With all of his Mr. March years of experience and Hall of Fame credentials, his best solution to solving the zone was to chuck up a ton of threes.

3 Likes

Izzo’s explaining why he played Ben Carter over Jaren Jackson Jr. “Better feel against the zone”.
I would disagree with that strategy.

1 Like

If it wasn’t for those banked threes, this was an 8 point blowout. :flushed:

1 Like

I forgive Gary Battle

9 Likes

He did look more comfortable, but his passes weren’t doing all that much. Think Jackson would have brought down more rebounds, provided more rim protection and the potential for bigger plays.

Kid had 8 boards in 15 minutes. He’s begging 12-15 if he plays Carter’s minutes

1 Like

“Tum’s not God…but…he’s right there.”

lmao what!

2 Likes

“I said don’t hang your heads. Nobody’s got cancer.”

Lmao, Izzo is off the rails

6 Likes

A&M is good. They would be a tough matchup if they advance. They have two good big guys especially Davis and it looks like they play some zone too. We have all been focusing on UNC but I wouldn’t envy playing A&M if they win.

In the middle of his whole nonsensical story of why Carter is better in the middle of the zone than Jaren Jackson, Izzo really said “Jaren will be really good in there”…implying that he’s not ready YET. I 100% took this as “he should come back next year” which solidifies my theory I’ve been screaming for 3 years to all my Sparty friends that he is intentionally holding these guys back to spin the narrative that they need to return to school.

5 Likes

Made shots cure all ills. If we can’t find our touch it won’t matter who we play. So due for a good shooting game.

2 Likes

I feel sorry for Izzo’s players. I really do.

5 Likes

That makes one of us.

Still early second half, but looking like we will play TAMU. Regardless of who we play from here on out, we need to shoot the ball better.