College Hoops Open Thread

Why in the world was Edwards on the floor there with 2 fouls?? That’s a bad mistake by Painter. Great call leaving him in with 2 but not in that situation.

Yep. Take him out for their last possession. Worst case scenario, you lose a little defense and Butler scores.

Now you’ve put him in a tough situation for the second half

1 Like

I would take Teske over Haarms, but I’m well aware of my biases.

1 Like

About 3 minutes to go and he still has only 3 fouls. How many times have we seen that?

Purdue collapsing here. Three straight turnovers

1 Like

Nevermind Mathias with a dagger three

What a call by Painter. No hero ball or killing the clock, he dialed him up for that dagger.

Could we see a replay of last night?

EDIT - we may!

I can never decide if I agree with the foul immediately thought here.

Purdue looked pretty ragged the final 4 minutes, which surprises me.

The Big Ten is 6-1so far. Not bad for a weak conference.

Good look. Not sure he got it off

Up 3, you can do it. But you’ve got to be quick.

1 Like

Eh, I agree with the debate about what defines a conference. Elite teams or balance. Definitely four elite teams this year.

Did he get that shot off?

Looks like he might have tried to foul in backcourt

Good first tournament for Jordan as a coach. Beat Arkansas soundly after a first half finish that would make you pull your hair out.

Gave Purdue, which is a still a very good team even without Haas, a real tough test. Looking forward to seeing how Jordan does with the program going forward.

7 Likes

Yea seemed like he tried to go for a steal/foul. Don’t think I would have tried to foul there. With that little time left butler was gonna shoot pretty quick. Too big a chance you go to foul as a guy starts his shot.

If I had anything orange, I’d put it on now.

Anyone remember the guy at Breslin this year with the red NJIT sweatshirt on. It was pretty funny but not nearly as funny as when Michigan shut him up

I don’t even care about the NJIT game. It was just an early-season loss that year, no biggie. Nothing like MTSU for them…

2 Likes

This might be a good game for Winston, but I wonder about his max range.