College Hoops Open Thread

In other news, Kansas is struggling with Seton Hall. I know the numbers guys insist that Self isn’t a bad tourney coach, but I don’t know…

1 Like

Exactly what a mid major team should be. Find a couple creators, surround them with as many shooters as possible (helps if they are shooters) and maybe a big. Exploit spacing and the 3-point gap against “more talented” teams. A joy to watch.

2 Likes

So many intelligent passers. Glad the 50/50 luck has gone their way so far cuz the type of basketball they play deserves it

College basketball should go to the “challenge” system. Each team gets one call challenge per game and an extra if they are correct. These delays are terrible.

Kansas fans may start having Trey Burke flashbacks soon…

Dakich is Dakiching in high stakes moments and I don’t know what to think

Could you imagine if it was a matchup with Andrew Dakich and Ohio State with the Final Four on the line? Tell me that a year ago and I probably hug you!

Loyola is my school so this has been a fun couple of days. They actually are a pretty dangerous team. I put Loyola and Michigan in the final four:) The Loyola pick was more of an emotional pick to be honest. I hope it happens, though!

4 Likes

I had them elite 8. I really think they get through Cincy.

1 Like

NIT, but wow, I see that PSU beat ND.

I always felt that PSU team was an NCAA team, while Nebraska was not.

Also, I just went from not watching a minute of the NCAA’s tomorrow to being glued to my tv every minute I don’t have to be anywhere else. Wow.

1 Like

Today’s rooting dilemma: MSU or Syracuse? Izzo or Boeheim?
Can’t see myself wanting Boeheim to win, but no way I can cheer for Sparty.

1 Like

I hate Boeheim and Cuse. But it’s a no brainer to root for them in this case. I don’t think MSU gets by Duke regardless, but it’d be nice to see them go out earlier.

3 Likes

Gotta say I’ll be all smiles if MSU loses today.

1 Like

I am 100% rooting for MSU to miss the Sweet 16 three years in a row

3 Likes

Going further in the tourney than Sparty is always worth rooting for.

2 Likes

Christian David sighting on Butler. I forgot all about that young man.

Purdue otoh I am rooting for

Haarms needs a new hair style. He spends way too much time brushing his hair out of his face. Maybe try a bun.

2 Likes

No!!! One man bun guy is enough for college sports. Don’t need another

So are we pulling for Purdue? I generally like them, but it’s hard to root against LaVall.

1 Like