College Hoops Open Thread

It’s far. He was making NBA 3s in high school pretty regularly

2 Likes

Okay, c’mon Syracuse–cut Sparty’s heart out! Wait, is this a classical matchup between Greek city-states? I think it is!

2 Likes

The UMBC players don’t know their own school’s fight song? Sheesh.

Don’t have a lot of faith that Syracuse can win this. State has enough shooters and I imagine they will kill Syracuse on the glass. I just can’t see Syracuse scoring enough points to win it.

Not to mention any foul trouble whatsoever basically ruins their team.

Tum Tum is a bigger negative than usual on the offensive end against this zone

Don’t get izzo at all. State had a pretty good rhythm against the zone and then he subs in three extremely limited offensive players especially against a zone. This game is so slow paced that there is no reason other than foul trouble to sub like that.

1 Like

Is there a team stat for missed dunks? MSU might lead

1 Like

Sparty looks totally out of sync. But can Cuse get a rebound?

1 Like

Carter and Goins must have some incriminating evidence on Izzo. They could be off the bench for most programs, but MSU has four clearly more capable post players ahead of them. He’s hurting his team

2 Likes

It’s his program, let him wreck it.

2 Likes

For a Hall of Fame coach, Boeheim’s not too good at designing a functional offense.

Syracuse just can’t score at all. Their offense is a disaster. Now fouls adding up and they are getting killed on the boards.

Refs making another game unwatchable.

I wouldn’t blame the refs, but agree it’s unwatchable.

1 Like

Battle 0/4. If he could make a shot it would get interesting.

They’re calling ticky tack stuff and then the Cuse player hip checked Langford and they swallowed their whistle. They’ve been pretty awful.

Though they called hte first moving screen against an MSU guard all season, so I’ll give them that.

1 Like

Wonder if Izzo is complaining about that bank?

9 Likes

strange that izzo didn’t complain to the sideline rep about that prayer banked in three.

3 Likes

That first half was pretty much best case for Syracuse. Low possession, low scoring half. Have to think state gets hot at some point second half, question will be can Syracuse make enough shots to keep pace.