Caris Levert's injury

I for one don’t think MSU is all that talented Forbes went to Cleveland St . Costello is a decent 4 year player who won’t sniff the nba . It’s time for the our head coach to look in the mirror and change how he recruits & quit thinking of only offense . Is that some type of West Virginia thing he acts just like rich rod.

You’re so right, man. Burke, Stauskas, Robinson, Hardaway, McGary, etc. were all inner-city kids. Oh, wait…

That’s a stupid and lazy argument. It doesn’t matter where you grew up.

And those teams from the 80s-98 were mostly more talented teams–and guess what? They were also bought and paid for.

I got a chance to watch Hardaway before they finally offered at Michigan’s team camp. He was raw as hell but I’ll tell you what was the most glaring thing about him… He loved to compete! You could see he not only had “Dog” he hated to lose.

You don’t need to be inner city to have this. You have to have desire to succeed.

Like I said in another post He has been here 9 going on 10 years and go ahead and keep bringing up a 2 year run. Just like Al Bundy talks about his all city days at Polk High.

1 Like

You’re right, it doesn’t matter where you grew up. There are kids with “dog” in them from the suburbs. Would you agree that there are more kids with “Dog” in them from the inner city though?

If I was a coach looking for players that have “dog” in their game, I’m starting in America’s most populated Cities. JB seems to take the opposite approach. Doyle being our first big offered in his class… Man. Donnal playing in one of the weakest high school conferences in the country, gets offered a scholarship… It’s mind boggling.

1 Like

My point was that your comment was stupid. Look at Duke and Wisconsin last year. UNC this year. Tough players come from all over.

10-15 years ago, I definitely would have agreed with you. The geography of basketball recruiting is changing a bit. Look at the top recruits for the 2016 cycle. There are far fewer blue chips from the traditional basketball hotspots–NYC, Chicago, Philly, Detroit, DC–than there would have been in the 90s.

I think Michigan coukd potentially field an elite team on a regular basis with only players from Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana.

I’m not talking about blue chippers. I’ve all but conceded JB will never land another one. I’m talking about players with “dog” in them. We currently don’t have a single player on our roster with that mentality. We also don’t have a single player from the inner city. I don’t think that’s a coincidence.

1 Like

So Rumeal Robinson was paid for? Glenn Rice? Gary Grant? Loy Vaught? Sean Higgins? Roy Tarpley?. Jalen Rose always had Mich in his top 3 he was Secured bc Perry Watson go a Job as a Assistant. How About Juwan Howard Or Jimmy and Ray.? Webber got money from Martin along with Taylor and Traylor but it wasn’t for coming to Mich they were hood Investments get your facts straight.

1 Like

Don’t forget Terry Mills

1 Like

I was gonna name more but I don’t think this guy will understand my point.

Look, I loved the 89 team, and the fab 5 is still my favorite team in the history of sports. And not everyone was on the take, but certain key players were. I still love those teams. Nothing will change that.

Maceo Baston is another guy one of my personal favs never got paid, He was all 210lbs soak and wet but back down to no one. He’d dunk on you played D never got in any trouble . Why don’t we go after players like him? Dwayne Bacon and Corey Sanders both were interested in Mich but the staff cooled on them why bc they “didn’t fit” Sanders is gonna be a beast at Rutgers . please don’t say it Academics if you can get in Rutgers you can get in U of M. Who was the Priority recruit the Guy at Duke right now from Ohio.

Kennard. Absolute perfect fit for the system. Maceo Rolled into my local Ballys years ago. Guy was so tall. Idiot guy working asked if he played for Rouge. I had to tell him who it was.

1 Like

I think Xavier Simpson could be the next Kay Felder – he puts up those kinds of ridiculous numbers.

That said, I suspect that unlike Izzo and others, JB probably didn’t ignore Felder due to his height. It was probably due to the fact that he played at Pershing.

Or because he already had Walton in the fold. But yeah, let’s insinuate that JB avoids recruiting inner-city kids, because that fits the narrative.

Check out Yante Maten and jaylen Johnson no offers or anything but how does Doyal become a priority?

Is that directed at me? I have already said that JB’s big man recruiting is bad.

But if you are trying to prove that JB avoids inner-city kids, that doesn’t support your argument. Maten is from West Bloomfield. Johnson is from Ypsi.

Alum05 truth is he doesn’t why who knows? Walton is the only one in his 9 years & Jmo but Jmo goes to a high school with an 18 grand a semester fee.

No it wasn’t directed to you just stating fact my man.