Big Ten Discussion

The experts say that it is rare for a 14 loss team to make it.

I don’t believe a 14-loss at-large team has made it since 2011 (when 5 14-loss at-large teams made it, including MSU and PSU).

MSU could be a 14 loss team this year as well if they lose this weekend and don’t win the BTT.

Indiana is 10 of 12 from the floor and just scored 25 points in the first 5 minutes of the game at Ohio State.

An IU win would be helpful for Michigan there, would help keep IU in top-100. Also, I don’t think anyone wants to see IU in the Big Ten Tourney.

1 Like

Yes out of all the lower teams id like to avoid Indiana the most. I felt good about Ohio st, Iowa, penn st or Illinois ect, just not the Hoosiers please, for multiple reasons.

54 points in the first half and a 14 point halftime lead. 7 points in the first 10 minutes of the 2nd and now they trail. Crean gonna Crean

Bye Bye Illinois from the bubble. Can’t lose to Rutgers and get a bid.

Illinois NCAA dreams crushed in Piscataway.

That’s how the John Groce era ends? Woof.

Does Iowa have any chance at a bid? They have some good wins but 13 losses and a few bad ones.

That BTT Illinois game looks a little different now. Would’ve been a VERY motivated team had they won that game.

Pretty sure this is the updated scenario chart with IU, Rutgers wins.

Screenshot 2017-03-04 14.01.15

With uneven schedules, I wish they’d just use conference SOS as a tiebreaker.

It makes too much sense that they won’t do it ha.

Although I’d like to see it as a tiebreaker if teams only played once

If Iowa wins we still play Illinois right?

Yep – If Iowa beats PSU, then the 8-9 game is locked in: Michigan/Illinois.

Awesome. Thanks. I knew their luck would run out. Groce made it easy by big mistakes with 5 to go.

I feel like we play Illinois in the BTT a lot.

2 Likes

It’s okay the NIT is a very blue-collar tournament, Illinois will fit right in

5 Likes