Big Ten Discussion

He’s from Milan, Illinois. Born and raised. Where did you read that he’s foreign?

1 Like

Lol I was thinking the same thing, last time I checked the Midwest wasn’t foreign.

The things Guestavo quoted kind of made it sound like he was from Germany if you didn’t read them all the way through.

1 Like

He was playing a smaller FIBA event for Team USA against top European competition.

He is from Illinois like Kaminsky lol.

I know…

Who is your All-Big Ten First Team and All-Big Ten Freshman team as we near the midway point?

This is on your mind while you’re at Breslin??

Dustin, Andrew and Orion are there today. I’m not on the ground this afternoon.

Just on my mind looking through KenPom :slight_smile:

Melo-Jok-Bridges-Swanigan-Happ

Bohannon-Coffey-Bridges-J. Jackson-Ward

Don’t blame you, Breslin is a shit-hole on the inside. Place looks like a cement-block garage on the concourse areas…much like their football stadium.

I remember when people thought Winston’s shooting form and lack of verticality would be issues at the B1G level. Kid can play, as I thought, and would’ve been a perfect fit.

Perhaps more disturbing…he stayed in front of X off the dribble in isolation with ease and forced him to throw up some garbage. I’m starting to become really skeptical of Simpson moving forward.

Two of the biggest dumps I’ve ever been in

Yeah, but who cares when Breslin is ALWAYS rocking. Wouldn’t even matter if the upperbowl was empy, because the student get 75% of the lower bowl.

Whatever X might yet become he is really undersized, has made very little contribution thus far. With DJ, KamChat, even as they struggled mightily, you could always see how they would might contribute down the line. How many baskets has X given us? It’s already been tough for Beilein’s style when Walton wasn’t a threat to drive toward the basket. But when your guard is not a scoring threat at all. . . It’s true we’re desperate for a playmaker.

Everybody pray for DWalt’s health.

Really starting to get on board with the idea of JB selling his soul for a grad PG. I get those are hard to come by, but desperate times

X was never going to be a scorer. Thats an error on your part if you expected that.

Can anyone name the last 5th year PG that was impactful at the Power 5 level and how frequent that occurs?

Maybe we don’t need a pure point. A distributing combo like Grant Mullins from last year would work. I saw Cal play earlier this season and Mullins impressed me.

I mean mullins over at cal plays a good amount and can at least score. Probably a defensive liability like spike, but thats more of an impact than doing pretty much nothing the entire game

Or sell his soul for Trae Young. I dream big

1 Like