2018 Recruiting Notes

Stanford is trying to get Ryan to reclass and go to '17.

Another name is to keep an eye out for is Junub Char. Says Michigan has been in contact over the past few weeks via Zagsblog

1 Like

His style, game, size, etc reminds me of Levert.

Need better film

With Wilsons emergence and 2 more years of eligibility combined with Livers arrival, I don’t think there is any need to grab a 4 in '18.

1 Like

I don’t know, if Michigan can recruit a 4 who plays basketball slightly better than slightly above average, then it would be a huge upgrade to our 4 spot.

1 Like

I go back and forth. That means only 1 PF with any experience on the roster for 19/20. Its a close call for sure

1 Like

Define slightly

Matthews is a 4. We will revisit this.

What are the dimensional differences between GR3 and Matthews? It may boil down to circumstances of other adequate personnel to play the 4, but I cant imagine that Matthews would be any worse off than GR3

I have high standards for determining which words should be defined broadly and narrowly depending upon the context in which those words are used.

Trust me.

Identical height to GR3 without shoes, 6’4.5, but only 189 as of 2015. 6’9 wingspan

I trust you…slightly.

Based on the 2015 UK combine, Matthews lateral movement appears to not be so great.

That seems like a fair evaluation to me.

Ideally, we take a big or athletic guard and a 4 man in '18.
Then in '19 take our future 3 man and 5 man. But that 5 man. Both to get a year under their belts before Teske and Matthews/Ibi graduate.

I feel we should be comparing him to Zak and DR at the 4. In comparison, he has far better tools on both ends to make the most of small ball.

Looking at Junub’s Hudl mix and I am impressed. Has that NY shake off the dribble, plenty verticality and long arms. On first impressions, I wonder what his shooting is like and if he really is 6’4? If he is on the lower end then he is essentially Derrick Walton with more bounce and maybe not as nice a 3 ball.

Nevermind, only 6’2. Definitely like what I saw in limited footage and hopefully the staff tracks him at Blair Academy and on the circuit. Couldn’t take him AND Elliott or Ryan but certainly could work with Bienemy or Carmody.

New video of top 100 wing from Rochester. Still hasn’t gotten the offers he deserves. After eybl this year I predict he rises into the top 70 and gets way more offers. Really would love for his name to get back to the staff. I’m confident we’d be the leader with him and his biggest offer. From everything I’ve seen on video of Ryan and carmody confident jeenathan is better then both particularly for what we need . He certainly is much stronger/ athletic then both. Great at getting to the rim, nice defender, nice rebounder, in transition he’s a great finisher. Great mid range / pull up. I think he’s a no brainer. We should get on him now while Marquette is his biggest offer.

2 Likes