2018 Recruiting Notes

I was killing some time and looking at the ESPN BB Recruiting site and it shows Moses Brown has holding an offer from UofM. According to ESPN he is the #17 recruit and #1 in his state and the # 2 center in the country.

Any word?

Not a real offer. You may also notice that he has a list mile long of ā€œoffers.ā€ The ā€œofferā€ in question was Michigan showing interest and I believe that it was a few years ago at this point.

Side rant: this whole process of high school kids trying to get as many offers as possible then cutting the list to 20 is annoying

2 Likes

Committed to UCLA yesterday or today I believe. I always saw his name on that ESPN list, but I really do trust this site more than any when it comes to real scholly offers for UM.

Does anyone know if Coach Beilein is still keeping tabs on Drew Petersen, in case a scholarship opens up ?

http://ny2lasports.com/article_one.aspx?articleid=4013

With the in-state high school talent in the 2019 class, I doubt Michigan would take any other later signing period guys this year ā€” unless it was a true 1-and-done talent.

1 Like

The one and done would be a first for JBā€¦at least by design. Protect the culture, touch the line!

1 Like

Beilein was fully onboard with the one and done plan for Bamba. His only stipulation is that the player fully buy in for that year, both on and off the court.

3 Likes

Agreed, but did he commit?

3 Likes
4 Likes

With the combo of an available scholarship and this past seasons success do we shoot for the stars on a top 50 or 100 player yet to commit? Maybe Wing Romeo Langford who seems to be leaning towards Indiana?

Not really how this works. You canā€™t just swing into Romeo Langfordā€™s living room two weeks before heā€™s going to announce and suggest that he swings by. Maybe in NCAA Football 2007.

Aundre Hyatt is expected to host Beilein on Tuesday and heā€™s a guy who could make the move back to 2018 if the right situation came up.

2 Likes

Does M really want a 6 man class.

Looks like a similar player to Nunez. Not sure M would want two such players in this class

1 Like

Iā€™ve never watched Hyatt but I would think you would want a stud if you added an 18 kid which seems extremely unlikely. Seems like a grad transfer or it goes to the 19 class.

1 Like

Thatā€™s how it works if you are Duke, Kentucky or someone with a lot of cash.
Also, I see that we once did have interest.
Would make more sense to use it on a 2019 position of need.

Do you think Hyatt is a major upgrade to the current class? A instant impact payer?

Have only watched a bit of video. Also seems like heā€™s leaning toward staying in 2019 as I mentioned in the other thread. Big wing with a nice shooting stroke.

Brandon Johns and David DeJulius make Free Press Dream Team along with Loyer, Williams and Weems.

Really interested to see what direction JB goes with the open ship, who knows what is going on but can go grad transfer, standard transfer or highschool recruit. Seems like we are popping up with a few solid 19 recruits so is definitely a juggling act.