2018 Recruiting Notes

He’s got a bunch of high-academic offers: Brown, Yale, Dartmouth…maybe a preferred walk-on?

247 says he has a Penn State offer, thus I doubt preferred walkon. I like his film, plus I like his size.

Here is another article. http://elevatehoops.com/portfolio/from-nothing-to-something-adrien-nunezs-stock-has-exploded/

post deleted

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: 2018 - Wing - Talen Horton-Tucker (Target)

Looks like Miller Koop off the board. Don’t know if UM was ever a serious contender

Northwestern looking like they’re gonna be sticking around for a bit

1 Like

Things are getting pretty interesting. Not sure what I make of the hard push for Castleton and Horton-Tucker.

A lot of the crootin reporters are pegging Iggy and Locke to UM.

Beilein is either trying to create pressure or some more space will come available after the season.

Beat me to the punch. I couldn’t agree more.

2 Likes

In addition to that I wonder whether he has become more leery of stage dads.

1 Like

Tried to split this out a bit into Castleton/Horton-Tucker threads.

1 Like

Chris Collins is doing a hell of a job with that program

2 Likes

So seemed that most people thought a spot is saved for Iggy and then Locke/Ahrens first come first serve. Does Talen go in with Iggy or added to the other guys. Interesting stuff right now and got to think things shake out soon.

I thought most people were assuming one spot was being held for Barrett’s decision and the other spot was 1st come/1st serve?

Too many hot takes to keep up with this summer/fall

1 Like

My presumption was:

1 spot to Ahrens or Locke

1 spot to Iggy

You take Barrett if he wants in and figure out the rest later

Talen and Castleton feel like added pressure on the 3 main targets and my guess would be if either of them committed on the spot before Ahrens, Locke or a Iggy has made a decision, we would hold the spot for Iggy and say bye to the other two.

1 Like

Just from how they are as players… I think Iggy and THT are in similar buckets style wise. Both sort of jumbo wings who can shoot a bit, but are really crafty getting into the lane and using their bodies. Not saying that means you take one, both or neither… just that they seem like similar position wise.

Castleton and THT are some phenomenal backup plans

1 Like