2017 Recruiting Notes

Brian Snow reported that JB was watching Donnie Tillman at Findlay Prep. Quick search told me he is from Detroit.

Michigan and Houston both visited with 6'3" four-star junior guard Jay Jay Chandler @JayChandlerIII today http://t.co/QEtMzoQCGf

— Andrew Slater (@ASlater247) September 15, 2015

Michigan visiting Clarksburg Notre Dame (WV) today to see 2017 PG Jarrod West (Big Shots Elite VA). Marshall, Longwood, Liberty came last wk

— Schneider (@BigShotsNation) September 16, 2015

Both Michigan and Akron were in to watch 2017 @Lowellredarrows SG Matt Beachler (@mbeach12) this morning. Beachler holds 10 offers. @umhoops

— Prep Hoops Michigan (@PrepHoopsMI) September 17, 2015

Beilein saw Kyle Guy today as well. 2017 kid from OH

Source for this kyle guy? I can only find the 2016 one from Indiana thats commited to Virginia

My bad, PF Kyle YOUNG #95 overall in 2017.

http://www.scout.com/player/199477-kyle-young?year=2016&s=75

Young visited last weekend.

Michigan watched Nojel Eastern recently. He had a scary ankle injury this spring in Lexington, but seems to be bouncing back.

RT @prepbullseye Huge B1G contingent on hand today for 6’5 2017 PG Nojel Eastern including Illinois, Mich, Mich St & NU.

So, watching the ongoing list, it seems clear the two targets in 2017 for sure are a wing (SF type) and a large guard (can play PG or SG). 4 spot seems ok for now, and center prospects still being watched as if something could happen over the course of this season.

EDIT: It’s interesting to me how relatively quickly the 2017 recruiting landscape came into focus after 2016 was tied up with Simpson.

Interesting… Young hasn’t visited Michigan to my knowledge, so maybe a ‘you have an offer when you visit’ type of deal?

Michigan offered five-star junior Trae Young.

— Jeff Borzello (@jeffborzello) September 18, 2015
Interesting... Young hasn't visited Michigan to my knowl.edge, so maybe a 'you have an offer when you visit' type of deal?

Any connections ( family - coaches ) here that you know of Dylan? What prompted the supposed offer?

Interesting... Young hasn't visited Michigan to my knowledge, so maybe a 'you have an offer when you visit' type of deal?

I would expect that’s the case as well for now. But you have to start filling out the offer board somehow.

Michigan has been on him for a while (throughout the summer) and visited him this week. Not sure of any additional connections.

So many videos to watch!

Interesting... Young hasn't visited Michigan to my knowledge, so maybe a 'you have an offer when you visit' type of deal?

I think the correct phrasing is “there’s an offer waiting for you in Ann Arbor.” :wink:

Jaron Faulds took another unofficial to UM yesterday. He finished the day by taking another unofficial to MSU. Pretty obvious he's waiting for an offer from one of the instate high majors. Personally think he prefers UM because he's more of a finesse big.

High character super bright kid. Has a 3.95 GPA. Seen him twice last year and will be interested to see how he has grown into his body after a summer of playing up a grade. He’s a project for sure, but who knows where he ends up at in two years.

There’s photo on twitter of Faulds with Beilein on Saturday. The caption says that he’s 6’11". I believe that his dad is 6’11" and played college ball.

Definitely someone to keep monitoring. Grew up a huge Sparty fan, and will likely go there if offered. One thing about JB, he’s not afraid to recruit the kids with strong ties and leans to MSU… Bowen, Johns, and Faulds.

If the kid grew up a Sparty fan, and Sparty wants them, we aren’t getting them. Period.

Jaron Faulds took another unofficial to UM yesterday. He finished the day by taking another unofficial to MSU. Pretty obvious he's waiting for an offer from one of the instate high majors. Personally think he prefers UM because he's more of a finesse big.

High character super bright kid. Has a 3.95 GPA. Seen him twice last year and will be interested to see how he has grown into his body after a summer of playing up a grade. He’s a project for sure, but who knows where he ends up at in two years.

There’s photo on twitter of Faulds with Beilein on Saturday. The caption says that he’s 6’11". I believe that his dad is 6’11" and played college ball.

Definitely someone to keep monitoring. Grew up a huge Sparty fan, and will likely go there if offered. One thing about JB, he’s not afraid to recruit the kids with strong ties and leans to MSU… Bowen, Johns, and Faulds.

If the kid grew up a Sparty fan, and Sparty wants them, we aren’t getting them. Period.

But if Sparty doesn’t want him…

Any updates on how the visits went this weekend? I can’t imagine a better game performance by the football team.

Not a 2017 kid, but Brandon Johns was back on campus for the second time in about a week or so for the game today, sitting with Beilein.

Beachwood guard Maishe Dailey will attend a prep school next year and will become a member of the 2017 class.

— Matt Miller (@CoachMiller31) September 24, 2015