2017 - C - Mo Bamba (Offer)

Where’d that dog come from? That’s the real question.

2 Likes

I will say that your 2nd point isn’t truly accurate. Yes Mitch came to UOFM but it really wasn’t because of Coach B. We lucked up with that one because he was close with GR3.

I do think he would try to play them together but I actually do not think Mo will be around after next year.

Huh? Lots of people are close to each other during the recruiting process. That does in no way mean you can’t count them as a player who the coach recruited. That’s an extremely bizarre logic.

3 Likes

Ha, same thing I was thinking. Wtf?

What I am saying, is because of his close relationship with GR3. Michigan wasn’t even in the picture until Glen was on the radar. They were not in any discussions for it. If you even look back at the process Mitch mentioned the main reason he looked at Michigan was because of Glen. Not the system, the aura or of maize and blue it was because of glen. Agreed lots of players are close with the process, so why hasn’t that happened since? Coach B, is not a tandem type recruiter. Which he should not be but the main reason that Mitch came to Michigan was not Coach B. It seems in this case Coach B is the connection with Bamba, not a friend or an AAU teammate.

Mitch had been away at school so the idea that he and Robinson were inseparable doesn’t really work. Yes, Robinson may have earned Michigan a look and it may have even earned the hyphen in 50-50 battle with Florida. There is a whole lot in between those two points though, from Michigan’s Indiana connection, to staff to proximity to home.

1 Like

GR3 did play a large role in that recruitment, but Wayne Brumm (SYF coach) was HEAVILY in favor of UM, and that sealed the deal.

1 Like

Let’s take this back to the point of the thread…Mo Bamba. Not rehashing a recruiting story from 5 years ago.

Any feedback out there on how the trip went and what Mo’s impressions our?

2 Likes

I was told by a source who spent some time with Bamba this weekend that his family was “absolutely loving it” on Michigan’s campus and that Bamba himself integrated well with what the Wolverines are offering.

The source also added that Bamba said he would “take some time to process it all”, referring to the visit as a whole.

Again, two of our best basketball sources at 247 believe the Wolverines have a legitimate shot. Duke is the 247Sports Crystal Ball favorite and Harvard is considered a dark-horse.

This is a snippet of a Lorenz article that was posted on MGoblog’s recruiting roundup

1 Like

I’d guess that we legitimately have a shot, but we’d have to have a good season to be a final contender. If he’s serious about academics, he can always just go to Duke.

1 Like

Is he waiting until spring signing period? Season will just be starting during the early period.

The USA Today article quotes him saying he has no specific timeline, no forth-coming twitter final X. Sounds like he’s being thorough and patient about the process, and not playing games.

https://forums.rivals.com/threads/5-pf-mo-bamba.629438/#post-18181718

A few guys on the national board think Michigan might not be hopeless.

1 Like

I follow recruiting, not as closely as many of you here, but think I have a finger on things to say the least.

This OV is still a bit out of left field for me. I thought I would read something on the visit or interview. Or even hear someone just come out and say someone in his life wanted to see a Michigan game for free. I can’t get a feel from anywhere on this visit. Anyone hearing anything?

So the Harvard interest is very much legit.

1 Like

I’m hearing Bamba really enjoyed his visit to UM. Don’t know if that means we’re serious players in his recruitment, but it can’t be bad that he appeared to enjoy himself over the weekend.

6 Likes

https://instagram.com/p/BJ9F8xeBQV1/

“Magical Visit”

1 Like

That’s what it said?

That was his post on his Instagram

Isaiah Livers, who I consider to be a pretty straightforward guy and overall a really good kid, told me that Bamba’s family is serious about academics and that he and Bamba were having fun together and that Bamba seemed to be really enjoying it.

7 Likes