2017-18 Bracketology

The Dutcher vs. UM stuff would be ca-razy.

2 Likes

There is no point in complaining about Montana. If lose to them itā€™s our own damn fault.

2 Likes

I mean thereā€™s no point in having any discussion here with that logic. No harm whatsoever in saying ā€œdang, we couldā€™ve gotten a better draw.ā€

If they play SDSU, Moe will need to bring it. Pope can guard him. Would have to be a game for MAAR to get points and hit some threes. Weā€™re too disciplined for them though, theyā€™ll throw away possessions.

KenPom isnā€™t the end all. Watching both teams play this week I think SDSU would beat Montana handily.

Itā€™s a 14 seed that hasnā€™t beaten a top 100 team in half a decade

It seems silly to parse the distinction that far down the seed line.

It seems silly to say we shouldnā€™t analyze our opponents compared to other teamsā€™ opponents on a basketball forum.

I donā€™t think so - PU is in Detroit and would face Butler or Ark, then the East regional against probably TTech or Fla and then Nova. Seems like an excellent draw to make the E8.

1 Like

Iā€™m not doing this again with you, man. Have a good night screaming at the void.

In terms of RPI, So Dakota St is 37 and Montana 76. I know RPI has lots of flaws but thatā€™s a huge gap.

Whereā€™s that East Regional?

Texas Tech is really good, imo.

Yeah, weā€™ll have to see. Iā€™ll be doing some heavy Montana research tonight.

1 Like

Boston. Yeah, TTech is tough but theyā€™re the lowest kenpom 3 seed.

7 Likes

Good attitude.

We opened as a 12 point favorite over Montana FYI

3 Likes

Where did OSU/SDSU open?

How many shooters did Montana usually have out there on the court when you watched? @CoryR Also 2 bigs or 1?

We just beat Michigan State and Purdue in back to back days. I think weā€™re gonna beat Montana.

3 Likes

Just think thatā€™s a really hard team to play. Obviously any 3 will be good. I was impressed with TT, though.