2016/17 Commitment Updates

I doubt it this staff is not capable it will be Doyel, Donnal, McLimas ,Bielfeldt and Smotz all over again, It took JMo 5 years to look decent outside his one year with DMO

All heā€™s going to be used for is to set picks and occasionally get the ball on the roll, so hopefully he can successfully do that by the time 2019 hits.

Austin will be a sleeper. Iā€™ve watched videos where he really bangs down low with nice foot work. His shot looks better everyday to. I see him bringing toughness we need.

2 Likes

I really donā€™t care about the competition in that video. Donnal couldnā€™t raise up and dunk like that on an empty court all by himself and Ricky wouldnā€™t have cleanly caught any of those passes. Austin is already looking like an upgrade over both guys.

2 Likes

Watching Davis on video alone, he is just bigger than everyone. Whatā€™s he play like when he faces guys his size? It didnā€™t translate at all for donnal. I donā€™t have high hopes for him at all as he can put up great numbers against these type of teams. Doyle could dominate these teams and he is far from a plus big man in college. I do give Doyle credit, his defense has improved greatly. Teske I am a bit excited about, mainly for his length and shot blocking ability. Hopefully he can bet a bit better with using his feet in defense but I like how how plays with his length.

1 Like

But he also has looked good against bigger better aau competition. I saw one where he goes up against a kid going to Ohio st and he appears to do very well. Teske just looks slow and awkward to me. We have the video here where Austin is just laying bodies on big aau opponents right? He was slower in that video but very physical and great foot work

1 Like

Not trying to diss teske either I have hopes for him too, I just find it odd that everyone on here likes him more than Austin including the composite rankings.

Besides his height I was impressed with Teskeā€™s agility.

1 Like

I love the discussions on the bigs. To be honest, Donnal looked better than both Davis and Teske in those high-light videos. Bigs are more difficult to judge as the toughness and composure against bigger and stronger opponents are as important as size, speed, and skills, and that is why we all love Jordan Morgan, Novak, and Bielfeldt. I will hold my judgement on Davis and Teske until they play 10 games in college.

1 Like

Davisā€™s competition is terrible.

But what about his videos and games in aau. Guy looks like he has better foot work then any big on the team. I see a toughness to him. Also why didnā€™t we or other big scoops go after bj ruling. Imagine this roster dropping these dimes to a high flying big like that.

God I hope this team continues to gel the talent is there. Aubrey is waking up. Irvin needs to continue that mid range game/ to the rack.Both their play of late is huge. If the bigs can finish these lay ins our offense could go next level.

1 Like

Wish we would take a look at hamier wright from Albany ny. Good three point shooter and great shot blocker. Could fit our four well. 6 8.looks like his recruiting hasnā€™t totally heated up. Top 100 kid four star

I agree J.B big man recruiting frustrates the hell out of me. I like D.J Wilson I donā€™t get why he doesnā€™t start its like he show he favors to certain players. I thought Courtney Sims was soft ,heā€™d be an All B1G player on these teams. He really screwed up with the Epke Udoh situation in how he was used. Iā€™d love to have a guy like him or Brent Petway on this team.

1 Like

A reminder. Two seasons ago we ran away with the B1G title at 15-3 and came one buzzer beater from a Final Four with fifth year senior JMo playing center for the entire season. The guys youā€™re giving up on already are first and second year players. Itā€™s frustrating, yes. But itā€™s premature to make dire predictions. As to the future, the future at the 5 after the guys already here are Teske and Davis. If you believe that they canā€™t do the job, then thereā€™s little hope.

3 Likes

I donā€™t understand the Davis offer I never will.

1 Like

Morgan early is his career was worlds better than Doyle and donnal are now. Not even comparable.

1 Like

Well this thread got out of control, Merry Christmas guys.

Consider this a warning all around. If you want to discuss players come up with something better than ā€˜player X sucksā€™, ā€˜player Y is softā€™, etc. and then just shouting the same thing over again. Thereā€™s a big difference between discussing one player or just constantly going into a thread and yelling about how someone is terrible. Weā€™re capable of having at least a little more complexity to our discussion, I hope.

I killed a lot of this thread because the majority of it isnā€™t related to commitment updates at all. Somehow it all became about Mark Donnal, you guys can always click Reply as New Topic to split things out and itā€™ll be a lot easier.

5 Likes

Two seasons ago we also had Nick and GRIII on top of Walton, Levert and Irvin. Iā€™m not sure we can expect to have that talent around every time we finally get a solid 4th or 5th year senior at the 5.

Past success is no guarantee of future performance. JB needs talent to win just like every other coach in the nation and he simply has not done a good enough job in bringing in talent in the last 3-4 classes.