2016/17 Commitment Updates

Teske grows an inch with every report.

4 Likes

Iā€™m going to stop responding to attacks on Beilein. For one thing, how many ways can you say that you donā€™t like his recruiting? Think the approaches are pretty much exhausted by now. The simple fact is that heā€™s the coach for as long as he cares to be now and will finish out his career here. Get used to it, everybody!

1 Like

2017 commit Jordan Poole about to play against No. 1 HS team in the country, Chino Hills. Live Stream: http://thecube.com/channel_player/7120458

Poole is No. 14 if you are watching.

Poole is unconscious right now.

Is it just me or is this Rufus King team terribly coached?

I think Chino Hills is known for their helter-skelter pace (and talent)ā€¦ Tough to coach against in high school on the other side of the country.

Yeah, but some of the shots these kids are taking are terrible. Like, really, really bad possessions. Maybe I just havenā€™t watched HS in a while.

When you give up 67 points in the first halfā€¦ The problem is probably multi-faceted, but thatā€™s what Chino Hills does.

Lonzo Ball had a couple beautiful plays there towards the end of the 2nd quarter.

LLonzo, LiAngelo and LaMeloā€¦ Come for the names, stay for the game.

1 Like

Any takes on Poole? I am excited for this kid

And yet the apologists keep coming up with the false narrative that we won with a bunch of seepers and so we are fine continuing with that level of recruiting. People need to be honest on both sides of the debate.

1 Like

Quick thoughts on Poole from last night:

-Team was way over matchedā€¦ doesnā€™t make for the best evaluation.
-Tightening up his handle and improving his body are the first two things on the wish list.
-Heā€™s capable of the highlight dribbles, but is still too loose with the ball overall.
-Has a smooth jumper, no surprises there. Has a good feel for the game overall and knows how to create space.

Itā€™ll be really interesting to watch him grow over the next year and change. ESPNā€™s Joel Francisco was impressed:

1 Like

Ah yes! Dell Curry. Iā€™ve been trying to put a comparable name to himā€¦perfect! Little old school too.

1 Like

He will be 8 feet tall by the time he gets here.

2 Likes

Will Rufus King have another game streamed there?

It looks like it. I believe they are playing at 11:30 pacific (2:30 ET) in what looks like the main gym.

This should be the link for the stream

http://thecube.com/event/king-vs-alemany-2015-maxpreps-holiday-classic-boys-588359

Yep game is streaming now.

Here is my comparison for Poole. I think he is a shorter Kyle Anderson formerly of UCLA and now of the Spurs. I think Poole is a better shooter but I think they have similar gams. Both play at the pace they want to play at and donā€™t let anyone speed them up.

1 Like

Poole can flat out fill it up. Heā€™s on fire in the second half.

2 Likes