Zak Irvin or GR3

I disagree on every one of your points. Even while in High School, my most favorable comparison that came to mind watching Zak was and is to this day Voshon Lenard of Minnesota. Zak happens to be bigger and just as fast, not quite the dead eye shooter yet, but I can see that coming down the line. I will take it a step further and say Zak, IMO is a better prospect than Stauskas.
I just don't see him playing in the league. Not quite big enough, not quite fast enough, and doesn't have the best form. It goes in a lot, but he does not have the best form, which leads to inconsistency. Could be all big ten, but question the next level for Zak.

Love him hitting the glass the last few games. Looks like he has the “will to win”.

I agree, Zak’s size (height and broad shoulders/frame) and strength will be a real asset in the NBA. Stauskas’s lack of size hurts a lot when he doesn’t have the explosiveness to compensate.

Not sold on this, broad shoulders don’t really mean a whole lot unless you have the verticality to enhance it. In my opinion, Zak is not an NBA guy because he simply doesn’t have the lateral agility or speed to stay in front of NBA guards and he’s damn sure not strong enough to defend an NBA post player. Classic tweener that can get away with it college, but just not athletic enough to be a quality player in the league in my opinion.

I disagree on every one of your points. Even while in High School, my most favorable comparison that came to mind watching Zak was and is to this day Voshon Lenard of Minnesota. Zak happens to be bigger and just as fast, not quite the dead eye shooter yet, but I can see that coming down the line. I will take it a step further and say Zak, IMO is a better prospect than Stauskas.
I just don't see him playing in the league. Not quite big enough, not quite fast enough, and doesn't have the best form. It goes in a lot, but he does not have the best form, which leads to inconsistency. Could be all big ten, but question the next level for Zak.

Love him hitting the glass the last few games. Looks like he has the “will to win”.

I agree, Zak’s size (height and broad shoulders/frame) and strength will be a real asset in the NBA. Stauskas’s lack of size hurts a lot when he doesn’t have the explosiveness to compensate.

Not sold on this, broad shoulders don’t really mean a whole lot unless you have the verticality to enhance it. In my opinion, Zak is not an NBA guy because he simply doesn’t have the lateral agility or speed to stay in front of NBA guards and he’s damn sure not strong enough to defend an NBA post player. Classic tweener that can get away with it college, but just not athletic enough to be a quality player in the league in my opinion.

Possibly, I think Zak is very comparable to Deshaun Thomas who’s in Europe, but I think he has more to his game than Thomas did, not to mention he’s a much better shooter. Time will tell

Two different players? How so? Irvin 6'6" 215 lbs GR3 6'6" 220 lbs

DJ Wilson: 6’10’ 220 lbs.
Giannis Antetokounmpo: 6;11" 217 lbs.

Clearly they are the same exact type of player, right?

I can see the impact of JB’s teaching in Z’s jumper. His right elbow is in tighter to the body and his left hand ball placement has better balance and control. Take a look at the BLOG picture! He is a better shooter with balance and control on the catch and shoot. Very similar to Nick…Pick the apple Zach!

I can see the impact of JB's teaching in Z's jumper. His right elbow is in tighter to the body and his left hand ball placement has better balance and control. Take a look at the BLOG picture! He is a better shooter with balance and control on the catch and shoot. Very similar to Nick....Pick the apple Zach!

This is false, the elbow being tucked in has never been an issue. Zak has a swing shot, meaning that he swings his arms to the left side of his body prior to elevating his arms for the follow through. He’s had that issue since arriving at UM, and he still has it now. The picture on the front page reflects this and JB has expressly admitted as much? Thi is the reason his shot is not consistent, because he has mechanical flaws in shot.

Thanks for the clarification Matt,