Your favorite UM twitter accounts

Folks, if you’re like me, you’re scrolling twitter this morning and feeling like there’s not enough Michigan basketball in your feed – general media types, national-level guys actually informed about things, master trollers like Ant Wright or Scott Bell, video breakdown guys like @eric_shap, etc. I’m in the mood for more of all of it.

I wonder if some of us might benefit from a roll call of great Michigan and general CBB twitter accounts? Do you have an under-the-rader favorite or three to share?

1 Like

I use Twitter Lists so I don’t clog my feed. So I have a list for “Wolverines/College Sports” that’s a mix of Michigan media, stat nerds, draft guys, etc.

Yeah, exactly. My list needs to be longer.

1 Like

There’s not really a lot of primarily Michigan basketball twitter accounts

1 Like

For fun tweets, there’s @swankywolverine

3 Likes

x2. Imagine if Scott Bell and the folks at JibJab had a twitter baby.

2 Likes

Big fan of @UMHoops

29 Likes

Gonna exclude people w obvious media accounts at 247 or Mgo. Assume everybody knows how to find Sam, Brian, and their employees. Michigan people:

internetraj
justcoverblog
ct_in_tc
candor_for_sale

One of the annoying things about CBB–especially draft twitter people–is they keep getting sucked up by NBA teams. So lots of these are either super obscure or super obvious:

halfcourthoops
hoopvision68
sam_vecenie
draftexpress
mike_schmitz
thecity2
mikegrib8
matt_pennie
evanmiya

Would bet $1 Miya gets snatched up by a team just like Jake Flancer did last year.

3 Likes

Halfcourthoops is awesome. One of my favorite finds, and I think that’s courtesy of Dylan IIRC…

1 Like

everyone should follow @nccoston

3 Likes

I should hope so, he guest posts here!

See that’s exactly the thing – you got the nice top-end accounts, and Colin’s got a solid list of them there, but then you look around for a little depth and suddenly you’re scraping the bottom of the barrel and thinking things like ``maybe this nccoston guy might actually be funny one day he definitely reminds me of someone on the umhoops forum who also might be funny one day’'.

3 Likes

I forget his name but there’s one guy you folks will love, he usually posts a lot about college basketball from the Northeast and all over the country but he does cover a fair bit of Michigan and MSU basketball. MSU fans hate him because he’s not biased enough against Michigan and Michigan fans think he’s biased against them because he covers MSU a bit more than Michigan. Doesn’t really get into metrics and stats too much but covers the big picture stuff.

4 Likes

:face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

I too have been waiting with bated breath for the first time Boutros makes a funny joke.

5 Likes

The Most Domibated Breath in the Midwest

1 Like

Was gonna give this the laughing emoji but then I would be playing right into your hands.

3 Likes

Thank you / grateful

1 Like

2 Likes

T-Will SZN

3 Likes