WTKA recruiting roundup

Sam said in his opinion that Michigan leads for Thronton and Battle.

Also of note for people that read into Twitter. Thornton and TJ Leaf immediately following each other following the camp.

Battle’s UK, UL and Duke visits and subsequent offers in the coming weeks will give a clearer picture with him.

I really believe Thornton is UM’s if they are patient, unless Duke and UK ramp up interest, but they have 2-3 others PGs they seem to like more.

Sam thinks we lead for every player we recruit. That show really should be called Recruiting for Dummies. He just tells people what they want to hear. He was wrong about literally everything regarding the 2014 class.

Recruiting is fluid… Things change… Just because Sam at one time thinks michigan leads for someone doesn’t mean it’s a guarantee that they are going to commit… It also doesn’t mean his information is bad… Sam is more connected to Michigan recruiting than anyone in the biz

People who hold every comment he says as the gospel and then bash him when he’s wrong are delusional… I prefer his snapshot opinions over no information at all… Just because he says they lead for Thornton and Battle today doesn’t mean he’s guaranteeing they commit… I’ll tell you what though, I’d rather they lead on June 10, 2014 than never at all

And so what if he thought guys like Devin Booker or Bluiett would go blue? So did everyone else and things change… High schoolers change their minds from time to time believe it or not… They are easily impressionable

What else was he wrong about in 2014 though? When DJ Wilson and Kam Chatman came to the forefront he made that information known

Well stated Adam…I’m curious to see how many minutes Booker gets behind the twins. He had to think they were one and done. Tough decision for these young men and really hard to speculate where they fit the best and how they can get to league.

Who is to say Booker doesnt go win a starting spot? Ever heard of a 3 Guard offense? Theyre all 6’5 and could easily guard a college SF.

Well stated Adam…I’m curious to see how many minutes Booker gets behind the twins. He had to think they were one and done. Tough decision for these young men and really hard to speculate where they fit the best and how they can get to league.

Hey could…time will tell.

Sam thinks we lead for every player we recruit. That show really should be called Recruiting for Dummies. He just tells people what they want to hear. He was wrong about literally everything regarding the 2014 class.

I don’t agree with this at all. I think Sam gives it pretty straight. Of course he focuses on recruits that we look good for, but sometimes those situations change and we lose guys we looked good for. Seems like you want to blame the messenger.

Looks like Kentucky will offer Battle soon. I don’t feel anywhere near as confident with Battle in relation to Thornton. Battle’s father basically confirmed that UM is leading for Thornton, and even said he thought Thornton would ultimately end up at UM. Didn’t get the sense that he holds UM in the same regard, and that UK was the offer they were keying in on.

Big week ahead for Tyus Battle: I'm hearing Michigan will offer the Gill St. Bernard's guard Sunday with Kentucky to do the same by Tuesday

— Jerry Carino (@NJHoopsHaven) June 13, 2014

I coach in Jersey and I am familiar with Tyus. He had his choice of any parochial power in Jersey and went to probably the fifth or sixth best school rather a top 3. There is still hope for Battle.

Battle will take a while to decide. UK and Duke are hard to beat but I think we will have an easier route to playing time for him.

Battle is obviously a tough get, but if Thornton comes into the fold, we have another good season and Caris and Irvin shine…things might get a bit easier.