Wow This was a Complete Shock to me; why is Michigan Cooling on Hyron Edwards?

I didn’t see this coming at all.

It’s been pretty obvious for quite a while now. I thought the fact that he wasn’t offered on June 15th despite being the only PG to fulfill all the requirements for an offer at that time pretty much confirmed it.

He’s a little too streaky and can play out of control a bit IMO…he’s also not very big and doesn’t finish as well in the paint.

I think he’s GOOD but for what we want and need I don’t think it’s a great fit at this point considering the others we’re after.

JMO

Sanders & Bacon please.

Sanders & Bacon please.

No thank you to both.

Sanders & Bacon please.

No thank you to both.

You have To be joking, Sanders is essentially Steve Francis. You don’t turn down a Steve Francis at the college level.

I’d rather have a real PG than an undersized SG whose best skill is catching alley-oops. If I were putting together a team for an And 1 Mixtape then Sanders would probably be my first choice.

I'd rather have a real PG than an undersized SG whose best skill is catching alley-oops. If I were putting together a team for an And 1 Mixtape then Sanders would probably be my first choice.

Athleticism may be Sanders’ best attribute but certainly not his only attribute. His ball handling skills are superior to any other prospect that currently has an offer or that we have shown serious interest in, and quite frankly it isn’t even close. Sanders is a decent shooter as well, and not a bad passer either. He may not be your traditional PG, but his ability to create a shot is second to none. In comparison to other prospects the pecking order is as follows:

Shooting:
Brunson
Sanders/barefield

Ball Handling:
Sanders
Barefield
Brunson

Athleticism:
Sanders
Barefield
Brunson

Passing:
Barefield
Brunson
Sanders

Shot Creation:
Sanders
Barefield
Brunson

Upside:
Sanders
Barefield
Brunson

It seems to me that Sanders stacks up quite favorably.

Based on those fairly subjective rankings of the three, I think I’d prefer Barefield over Sanders or Bacon. A PG whose best attribute is passing and is second in every other category? Sounds good to me.

Based on those fairly subjective rankings of the three, I think I'd prefer Barefield over Sanders or Bacon. A PG whose best attribute is passing and is second in every other category? Sounds good to me.

Totally agree, I’ve said the same in other threads when discussing the Barefield/Brunson comparison. Not saying that Brunson isn’t a good player but i see nothing on film(admittedly limited film) that warrants a 5 star ranking. Barefield seems to be the better prospect in my opinion.

That being said, i think Bacon has legit interest in Michigan, and if both he and Sanders are a package deal, you take both no questions asked. That tandem would be an absolute nightmare for opposing defenses.

Hail - just to clarify Bacon is a Wing/SF rather than a PG.

Thanks for that. It’s been a long day!