Jalen Rose IMO

2 Likes

James Harden

3 Likes

Rich man’s Jae’Sean Tate

2 Likes

Rich man’s David Robinson tbh

2 Likes

i thought we had a discussion. Iggy plays like Chris Mullin minus the elite shooting.

3 Likes

He’s Ben Simmons, a fellow right hander that uses his left to shoot

I am on vacation in Barcelona, just caught the replay on the location sports channel, missed the first quarter and a good part of the 2nd, but still got to watch > 60% of the game.

My biggest take is that the game was played under very different rules. The Spanish team was very aggressive against our ball handlers, especially on the parameter, very handsy and a lot of body bumps. On offense, their moving screen was murderous, and there was a lot of pushing under the basket. Teske and to some extent Livers were clearly bothered by the physical play. Davis, on the other hand, welcomed it. Our most effective offense were Matthews and Iggy attacking basket unassisted and Davis cleaned up the missed ones. Iggy and Matthews were clearly our best players, both were very physical and effective going to the basketball through all the body contact and did not turn over. Livers played well too, knocked out quite a few threes but did not do much in the paint, both defensively and offensively. Neither Simpson and Brooks were able to get much going and Poole did not fare much better.

Full replay here if you want:

I like this one a lot in terms of skill set. I think Beasley played bigger than Iggy will, if that makes sense, but I see tons of similarities in terms of their getting to the rim.

Also Beasley outscored all his teammates in that game 39-35, that’s nuts.

2 Likes