Video: Watch Michigan's 2018-19 Open Practice

@buckets12, thanks for posting the link to the Mlive article by Andrew Kahn. I was sitting right next to this young guy with a laptop. At the end of the scrimmage, I asked if he was media. He said yes, he wrote for Mlive and his name was Andrew Kahn. This sounded really familiar, so I asked if he used to write for Dylan. The answer was yes, so we got to chat for a while. Nice encounter and a real nice guy. I just hope that decent paying jobs await all these talented young guys that Dylan keeps finding.

7 Likes

Totally agree with your take. I watched the video after reading the comments and was expecting a really rough scrimmage from Poole. But he looked quick and created good separation.

1 Like

I think you may be right on Poole “not treat(ing) this as a serious practice.” When JB stopped the action momentarily to comment on how competitive these guys are in practice I was watching Poole while JB spoke. He was having some fun, not in a disrespectful way at all, just having a little fun, teasing with Zavier and smiling a bit. I think Poole will be fine.

AND, I think the point of Poole playing with DD rather than Zavier is spot on. Playing with a freshman who is just learning the system vs playing with a savvy junior who has a complete understanding of the system and is in full control of the offense when he’s on the floor makes a big difference.

1 Like

I believe Poole’s team was up more than 14-10. In fact I think it was 9-2 early. After that point the Maize team pretty much dominated, and I think you’re right, defense had a LOT to do with it.

1 Like

At this point I am not worried about Poole. And as much grief as I gave MAAR early in his career if we can get a MAAR like career out of Brooks I would be very happy although I think Brooks can be a better passer.

When the seats fill up and the television cameras turn on so will Jordan Poole.

6 Likes

Is Eli’s dunk on film anywhere?