Video: Cole Bajema scores over 30 points in back-to-back games

As a Hawks fan, I love Kevin Huerter and would love If Cole became half the player Huerter is.

Caveat: I watch no NBA until June and am referring to Huerterā€™s role in AAU/Maryland.

I donā€™t watch the NBA either, too boring.
I remember seeing film on him when Beilein first started recruiting him (probably from sophomore year) and he did look like a shorter version of Bajema. Good ball handler and passer as well as outside shot.

What position do you think Bajema best fits at Michigan, assuming he doesnā€™t grow any taller.

Maryland, Kevin Huerter? The guy who averaged 12 points in two games against Michigan last year and was 3-12 from 3. The guy was on the team who was down to Michigan 54-24 at the half in the last home game of his college career? That Kevin Huerter? I think Cole will be better than him in college, although the college coaching difference should help him.

Now, AAU Kevin Huerter or NBA trials Kevin Huerter may be a different story, but the Kevin Huerter I saw at Maryland, he under achieved.

Taking a comparison and then extrapolating it to be about one playerā€™s performance in a couple games is a great example of why I hate using comparisons.

Kevin Huerter shot 39.6% from three for his career and had a 20% assist rate as a sophomore. He was very long for a guard and could play out of some ball screens, but he was never a primary ball screen guy either.

Just get a similar vibe to their games.

His offensive game feels like it would fit best at the two to me, but really depends who is around him in what spots.

Heā€™s talking about the Kevin Huerter that scored 15 PPG on 60% eFG%, 3.5APG, and 5RPG his sophomore year of college with a coach that is not known for dynamic offensive sets, earning himself a top 20 pick because of his shooting and playmaking abilities. If Cole puts up that line as a sophomore I would be pleasantly shocked

1 Like

(And Iā€™m also not saying that he will put up those kind of stats early in his career. :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Kevin Huerter was a top 20 NBA draft pick after two years. He played 63 games, why only bring up 2?

2 Likes

Canā€™t speak to the comparison between Bajema and Huerter because I am not informed enough, but Huerter was a very positive player in college and has been highly regarded for his play so far in the NBA, which I agree with after watching him a few times.

2 Likes

I really like his poise and motor. Looking forward to seeing him develop at the next level.

1 Like

Heā€™s less athletic than Huerter, and probably a bit less adept as a ball handler (nice cross-over though). On the other hand, heā€™s already taller, and thus likely more versatile positionally than was Huerter. Though Iā€™m not suggesting heā€™ll be a first team AA/high lottery pick, the guy I see a bit of when I watch Bajema is Mike Dunleavy, Jr.

Really like this young man. I think his playing time comes down to strength and conditioning. He could be like Caris though not sure if he can take a full season of B1G pounding. IGGY has the frame and massā€¦CB not so much. Canā€™t wait to see him evolve!

Yep. Handle is probably a little loose for a primary. At the two, though, he can burn you shooting and then would be good enough to drive off of hard closeouts that he would see.

Caris was just as thin as a high school senior. No reason why Baj canā€™t add 20 lbs. of good weight in the next two years.

Agreedā€¦I think he will. I just posted an article related to Teske and the Sandmanā€¦good stuff!

Love that they have a shot clock!

The MHSAA needs to follow suit.

I 100% agree with this opinion. If he continues to get stronger his skill set will go a long way.