Top-35 center Hunter Dickinson commits to Michigan

That was a pretty cool video. Go Blue!

Welcome to the greatest show on earth Hunter. You will want to visit this board often for the most up to date and complete UM Hoops coverage! No hate just honest BALL opinions and analysis!

1 Like

Is he really 7’2”? Taller then Teske? Impressive if he is.
Offensively he seems well ahead of where Teske was at same stage. Defensively I have no clue but he doesn’t seem as agile laterally, and neither one is explosive at all.

Will be fun to watch him develop under Coach Howard.

I thought Eli was a 4 star? I recall Villanoava was recruiting him

1 Like

Definitely, though Teske’s lateral agility was always a rare talent for a kid/man that size. All accounts have him at 7’ or 7’2…at that point, those 2 inches are pretty inconsequential lol, he’s a biiig boy! Pumped

1 Like

Castleton has to step his game up next year to be viable. Serious dudes are on the way to AA.

Hearing a high school center being described as a high basketball IQ guy is music to my ears. They anchor the defense, so if he’s coming in like that with Howard’s coaching he’ll only go up from there.

I like that the skill set differs from Castleton because it allows us to do some matching up and also cause matchup problems.

Damn! I was worried about this recruiting class after beilein left but now we are shaping up to have something special. Wow. We now have size and skill in this class. Give me William’s and Jace and we have a solid class. Good job juwan!

2 Likes

I’ve believed it from the beginning! :wink:

2 Likes

Seems like Juwan is a great recruiter. There were so many points where this recruitment seemed likely to go off the rails, from Beilein preferring Kessler, to Beilein-Howard transition, FSU interest, Duke, and the constant Notre Dame presence. This is a huge (obviously) and foundational piece for his first few years.

Obviously there is still the big missing piece. JC. If that kid cares about “brand” (good lord) and being on TV, there isn’t going to be another team among his finalists with higher preseason ranking, more tv appearances next year or more likely playing into March than UM. (having said that, the weather and the groupies in westwood will probably be better.)

1 Like

Boomshakalaka! Juwan’s on fire!

2 Likes

Tousche. Also I forgot about Nunez