The Players Trunk on Shark Tank

Yeah they are. 30% is a lot to give up especially when they already have VC backing taking up equity.

I don’t blame them for not accepting 30% and Cuban/Hart make it clear that they would not counter at all. Tough position to be in.

All that said every so often I get the feeling that someone goes on shark tank with no intention to actually accept a deal, they just want visibility for their company. I’m not saying that is what happened here but I got those vibes

3 Likes

I bought a Hunter Dickinson signed ball from TPT year. It can in wrapped in a plastic Shopko (or something) bag in a shipping box. Kinda janky. My address and their return address was written by hand. The ball had a tear in it.

They did replace my ball with one without a tear after several emails. But the first one had “Go Blue!” written with bud name which would’ve been neat on the replacement. Oh well.

First one:

New one:

3 Likes

and a…will campbell jersey? outstanding

2 Likes

Yes nice call. My choice for a wedding present from him was a Michigan jersey or an Argonauts jersey. The other jersey is what I was wearing to the 2012 Sugar Bowl when we went out with Will and the team after.

1 Like

Man, this appearance turned out to be a huge bummer.

I’m sorry to report it was a ghastly pitch. Awful body language, no energy. They actually got an offer from Cuban (for 30% instead of 5%) and they turned it down. Disastrous.

2 Likes

Matthews looked so mad they were turning down the offer. I do not think he agreed with that decision lol

4 Likes

One of the worst valuations and counteroffers I’ve ever seen on the show.

No clue how they even aired it.

2 Likes

this is kayfabe, O’Leary takes it as well as he dishes it out. Cuban actually has much thinner skin.

I have to agree with Kevin’s assessment that a much bigger fish could eventually pull this off with licensing. Dick’s or Nike or even an actual league doing it themselves.

I was aghast that they rejected the offer. My jaw dropped

3 Likes

During the pitch he had his hands in his pockets and he was staring at the floor. He needed way more prep IMO.

1 Like

Mr. Wonderful stomped them like the crock roaches they were.

1 Like

ichi wawa carumba

1 Like

He was like I’m not here to hold hands and sing Kumbaya!