State orders department wide 14-day shutdown for Michigan Athletics

We might not play another basketball game. I know how these things go

This is my fear as well

Iā€™m speechless. Wow.

That language seems pretty promising to me, but I canā€™t seem to shake the reverse jinx so I donā€™t want to get too optimistic

We will not play a basketball game for a month. I promise that

I think we should all go for a walk

12 Likes

Thereā€™s no chance any other top program would ever do this. We should just realize Michigan is not a sports school. We have too many limitations

I donā€™t think the university has much say in this man

4 Likes

Donā€™t give me that. Warde is a pushover. Ohio state would never let this happen

3 Likes

Iā€™m calling my AD guy tonight. I hope everyone who has the same contacts does she he same thing tonight and tomorrow

7 Likes

Hopefully we get the OSU Football treatment and get handed a Championship and Final Four appearance.

17 Likes

Iā€™m sorry Iā€™m invincible. I realize Iā€™m going to being muted on this site soon

Probably should just step away for a Bit

12 Likes

Take a breath and go pet your dog Franz. Thereā€™s nothing we can do

9 Likes

But yeah, I donā€™t see how thereā€™s any science based justification for a blanket 2-week shutdown among groups of people that havenā€™t even interacted with each otherā€¦ Particularly since thereā€™s no way this is going to stamp out the UK strain in Michigan (if the student athlete was irresponsible enough to go to the UK and then spread it to their teammatesā€¦ they almost certainly spread it to others outside the AD).

I could see a mandatory one-week shutdown that teams could test out of, but two-weeks just isnā€™t based on anything.

20 Likes

It seems like everyone is just choosing to ignore you and not engage. But yeah, it would be nice if you stopped.

20 Likes

I like your solution, if the whole teams tests negative, they should be able to play. That seems reasonable.

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry my one enjoyment was taken away from me for no reason

1 Like

Yeah there is no expert on this that is going to tell you that it would take two weeks post-exposure to test positive on the PCR. The 14 days is strictly a PR thing.

2 Likes