Spike Albrecht to Purdue

Sure, that is logical if all things were equal. I just don’t think everyone is agreement with what the roster needs are. We all have different evaluations of players and what we expect from them–and that is the reason there is a debate here.

You’re forgetting that it’s not ONLY Beilein’s decision to bring Spike back.

There’s someone else involved…named SPIKE…no doubt JB and Spike had discussions on the possible role. Now maybe you’re suggesting that JB should have WANTED to dump minutes and promises on Spike to get him to come back, but I don’t agree with that either. (enter future PG: Xavier Simpson)

I suspect there is a lot of truth in what you suggest. I get the feeling that Spike was not happy with the projections given to him by the coaching staff. Spike, like us, is evaluating himself against Walton and X and forming judgements and expectations of his role. I suspect Spike’s expectations were significantly out of line with JB’s evaluations/ projections. I place more value on Spike than most and therefore it leads me to believe that this is poor roster management based upon misevaluations. Anyway, I guess we will all have to just wait to see how it unfolds…

Okay, I’ll play along. Let’s hope everybody stays healthy. Boom!

1 Like

You’re right, I don’t. But I would assume a guy doesn’t want to ride the pine his final year. If the choice is deciding on a guaranteed spot on another team or waiting it out and maybe having a spot but not being guaranteed a significant role…

I hope everyone stays healthy. My point was that merely a guaranteed healthy Walton does not make the decision to “let Spike go” (so to speak) a rational decision in my opinion. For it to be a good “decision”, so to speak,other things need to also fall into place…

I agree, but at the moment, that opportunity to improve the roster this off season doesn’t look too promising. I hope I am wrong and JB finds someone late in the process that improves the roster. We shall see. Especially, now with Chatman gone, it becomes more of an imperative.