Ricky Doyle

Ricky Doyle broke his HS scoring record with 41 points in 22 minutes on 16-of-17 shooting in a 75-50 win over La Belle earlier this week. Avg 30 points and 11 boards/game.

Big test coming up next week with City of Palms Classic against better competition.

Good for Ricky. I’d be interested in seeing film from this season on him assuming he can stay healthy.

Like his potential at the 5. Seems to be the most physical of our incoming bigs, at least on offense. Great touch with either hand, good shooter at that size. Limited in terms of athleticism, but his body seems more ready for b10 play in relation to Donnal and Wilson. Needs to work on the footwork a bit, but overall he looks to be solid prospect. His jumps hot reminds me of Austin croshere.

Should be interesting how he plays at City of Palms… It’s his one big chance (major national tournament hosted at his high school) in front of national scouts when he’s with his HS team. Last year he missed due to injury, this year people will be watching closely.

I would love for Ricky to end up being a more skilled version of Graham Brown. Geez that kid was tough.

LOL So like McGary?

I would love for Ricky to end up being a more skilled version of Graham Brown. Geez that kid was tough.

kid is already way more offensively skilled than anybody michigan has or has had in the last 10 + years…im talking offensive package. I’m basing this strictly on the film I have seen. His footwork is fantastic and he has a vast array of moves. He can use either hand equally and he can step out and shoot. Can he become more athletic, and how good is his rebounding and defense? Those are my concerns.

kid is already way more offensively skilled than anybody michigan has or has had in the last 10 + years...........im talking offensive package. He can use either hand equally and he can step out and shoot.

I really hope you’re joking when you say Doyle is way more offensively skilled than anybody we’ve had in the last 10+ years…that’s just not even plausible.

His footwork is not very good, he has a basic turn over the shoulder move, and not much else. He establishes good position in the post which allows him to do that, but don’t think it will be quite that easy in college. I agree he has great touch with either hand, but footwork needs lots of impovement.

Good prospect, dominating lesser competition, with high upside. Sound familiar?