Report: Jeff Meyer 'in the equation' for Liberty HC job

Webdog will you please start explaining why you disagree with posts?

Yeah this has been brought up before and I totally agree.

Whats to explain? I dont agree with what you said. Thats the purpose of the option. If I agreed with everything you say would you and others come on the Board and Demand I explain why I Agree?? No. No one would.

Unfortunate for Meyer, but good for UM.

I’m probably in the minority, but I wouldn’t mind seeing a younger assistant coach. 60+ is a bit old in my view for an assistant.

I respect that. I would rather see Bacari move on before Meyer does.

Detroit connections

Which coach recruits Indiana the most? I was thinking Meyer had some good connections but I can’t remember. Doesn’t seem like we’re grabbing much from in state for whatever the many reasons.

IMO Vall is my favorite assistant.
…though this group as a whole has accomplished some great things at UM.

and isn’t Meyer the all time winning coach at Liberty? What’s that say when they don’t take you back…

I just wonder if Meyer didn’t say thanks but no thanks an politely passed on the job …

Whats to explain? I dont agree with what you said. Thats the purpose of the option. If I agreed with everything you say would you and others come on the Board and Demand I explain why I Agree?? No. No one would.

Usually when you agree there isn’t much else to say unless you care to add additional information. If you disagree there is something I say you obviously disagree with. So the question needs to be asked what do you disagree with? Why do you disagree with it? It leads into a possible discussion. If all you want to do is disagree that’s your prerogative, are you not interested in conversation at all? It would be different to participate on a message board disagree with people but not try and converse with them.

I’m with LS2 on this one. But here’s a question for you smart guys: what does a Beilein defense look like if he gets the absolute best players that he wants? And don’t tell me that he just doesn’t care about D, because a) that’s lazy and b) he has had our guys bearing down and playing just good enough D to pull out games several times in recent years. Yes, he emphasizes offense, and lots of people think his O’s are pretty inspired, but let’s say we start pulling more four and five-stars–how do the defenses evolve? (Would love to put this question to him.)

Someone who just presses disagree buttons doesnt add to the conversation, which is quite literally the whole point of a forum-- to discuss. How hard is it to type out a 1-3 sentence reasoning if you don’t think something is right?

I'm with LS2 on this one. But here's a question for you smart guys: what does a Beilein defense look like if he gets the absolute best players that he wants? And don't tell me that he just doesn't care about D, because a) that's lazy and b) he has had our guys bearing down and playing just good enough D to pull out games several times in recent years. Yes, he emphasizes offense, and lots of people think his O's are pretty inspired, but let's say we start pulling more four and five-stars--how do the defenses evolve? (Would love to put this question to him.)

Elite players usually correspond with more athletic players that are physically ready for college…long story short is the defense would probably improve. Just how much is up for debate