Purdue Fort Wayne at Michigan canceled due to coronavirus issues

texting EMU
“u up?”

4 Likes

With Christmas and everything else, I can’t really see a make up game getting inserted right now.

Well hopefully I can get ESPNU on my laptop to see Livers and Walton at 2pm in the G League showcase. So I don’t have to go through basketball withdrawal.

EDIT: Zavier Simpson and DJ Wilson too

Sorry but my hamstrings are really tight, so if we’re putting together a squad to get out there this evening I’m a scratch

2 Likes

Sadly, I think we’ll be seeing more of this. :cry:

2 Likes

Yeah I totally agree especially with all the holiday traveling the next 2wks. Have a Merry Christmas to all of you on the board and be safe out there.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Do we get a forfeit win? I know Seton Hall had to forfeit for COVID issues to St. John’s and DePaul forfeited to Seton Hall. Is that dependent on conference rules?

What’s the point of a forfeit W/L? I imagine that game wouldn’t be counted on the Team Sheet for NET rankings as a win or loss since the game didn’t actually happen.

I guess those two are conference games so it matters for the conference standings but it seems silly to penalize teams for this when I imagine most players are vaccinated at this point.

1 Like

Forfeits only relate to conference standings so no impact here.

1 Like

If teams have to forfeit games due to Covid outbreaks, that would act as a disincentive to test players. If we’re going to have Covid protocols, we can’t be doing that.

2 Likes

Right now, that is the rule across major conferences. There’s a chance it is changed though.

It also only matters for regular season title and conference tournament seeding. It doesn’t impact NET or your actual record.

3 Likes

Thanks! Didn’t have time to search for the rule. Chasing a 2 year old around will do that.