Potential Shoe Resale Violations

Brilliant. Thanks! :+1:

1 Like

I don’t think anyone here is clucking. We all know the NCAA sucks.

I mean, if they give them to them, they sell them after they graduate, isn’t that the exact same thing as paying to play? Just the timing of getting paid being different

How would paying them end anything? How much do you have to pay players to prevent them from trying to make even more money under the table?

2 Likes

How about we don’t care if players make money under the table

3 Likes

From what I’ve seen on Poole’s IG, he was trying to sell his adidas shoes. Michigan obviously isn’t Adidas so there shouldn’t be anything illegal there.

1 Like

Seriously?

1 Like

Seriously.

2 Likes

So bagmen are fine now? Sorry, but I can’t get behind that.

2 Likes

Back to my point though:

If Michigan gives players shoes that due to their collectibility can be sold for 5 grand a piece, even if they are sold after eligibility is complete, isnt that just like paying the players? What makes it different than giving them a check that they cant cash until after a certain date.

1 Like

Players are just going to have value because of who they are. I look at the shoe sales like selling players’ signatures. Rules won’t let them make money by signing stuff while actively eligible, but the second they have either graduated or have been dropped from the program, then they can have at it.

1 Like

This is still the best way to put it. I hope nothing dramatic comes of this for either bball or football, but its worrisome for sure…

Players should have the same rights as anyone else. I can sell my shoes, why cant they?

Selling your shoes is no different than selling memorabilia like championship rings or whatever else. Against NCAA rules in school, not against NCAA rules after you graduate (because you are no longer under NCAA jurisdiction).

1 Like

I know what the rules say. I just think the rules are trash.

The fact that you can get a cash gift card for playing in a bowl, but can’t sell that gift card or anything you buy with it. But you could sell those exact same items if you bought them on your own shows how crazy these rules are.

2 Likes

I’d prefer they got a check from the school

FWIW, Jordan Poole’s instagram is back after disappearing a few weeks ago. And he is actively selling clothes again (non-Michigan apparel) lol

1 Like

I’m guessing his account got suspended for some reason by instagram. Likely nothing to do with the selling of exclusive gear. Just coincidental of the timing.