Potential New 16 Wing Target - Trystan Pratapas

Appears UM is showing interest in 6’5 Wing Trystan Pratapas out of DC. Film below - 1st clip is highlight film from April 2014; 2nd clip is grom game in November 2014

Prelim Opinion - strictly catch and shoot at the next level…handle looks VERY soft. Does have range out to 25 feet, really limited in terms of footspeed, lateral agility, verticality. Did display the ability to shoot off the bounce from midrange and a tear drop baseline…just don’t think there is any way he can get that shot off against high major college defenders moving that slow.

Overall - have to hope this is just preliminary interest from the staff, we simply can’t win at an elite level with players of this caliber. Sounds harsh, but this kid really reminds me of a poor man’s Vogrich. I don’t think he can defend any position on the court at the B10 level…just too limited athletically.

MBB: 6-5 wing Trystan Pratapas of Georgetown Prep (MD-2016) has picked up interest from Michigan within the last week, per @GoatEnterprises

— Raoul (@Raoul_000) March 17, 2015

2016 Georgetown Prep (MD) SG Trystan Pratapas (@T_Pratapas4) picks up interest from Michigan. #SN http://t.co/Yjkn15G4L6

— David Schneider (@ShowtimeNation) March 18, 2015

'2016 G' Trystan Pratapas has picked up interest from Michigan, Wake Forest and Lehigh within the last week.

The reason you will always/continue to get a load of disagreement from me all comes down to your scouting report assessments. Why do you feel the need to use absolute terminology like there is no way possible someone can improve over time? Every team needs role players, everyone can’t be a Superstar. You have no way of knowing what this kid will be able to bring to Beileins System. Let’s go back and find your scouting report on Spike Albrecht. And unless you go out and scout each and everyone of our opponents incoming recruits as well, who is to say this kid isn’t actually superior in foot speed, lateral agility, verticality? Reading your assessments I feel that if you went and scouted other teams incoming prospects you would come back with a load of players who just aren’t D-1 talent. Who do you like? I swear, Corey Sanders, Frankie Hughes, Damien Jefferson etc. all better go Pro with your glowing Scouting reports.

The reason you will always/continue to get a load of disagreement from me all comes down to your scouting report assessments. Why do you feel the need to use absolute terminology like there is no way possible someone can improve over time? Every team needs role players, everyone can't be a Superstar. You have no way of knowing what this kid will be able to bring to Beileins System. Let's go back and find your scouting report on Spike Albrecht. And unless you go out and scout each and everyone of our opponents incoming recruits as well, who is to say this kid isn't actually superior in foot speed, lateral agility, verticality? Reading your assessments I feel that if you went and scouted other teams incoming prospects you would come back with a load of players who just aren't D-1 talent. Who do you like? I swear, Corey Sanders, Frankie Hughes, Damien Jefferson etc. all better go Pro with your glowing Scouting reports.

You are absolutely correct - we don’t know if someone will improve. That being said, we can’t assume that it’s an absolute given that X recruit WILL improve. Hence, we have to provide a scouting report on players for what they are AT THIS VERY MOMENT. Bottom line, you jump down my throat for not taking into account potential improvement, but at the same time, you are guilty of assuming improvement will absolutely occur. Garbage