Portal Mega Pod: Do you know who’s on your Big Ten team?

2 Likes

I hope you did an INSIDE THE NBA style “Who he play for?” Game.

7 Likes

LOL, nope nothing cute. We just rambled for two hours about each team :rofl:

6 Likes

Well I think you two rambling for 2 hours is still cute. Especially at 9am on a workday.

7 Likes

No I do not

1 Like

Loved the pod as always. Just want to note that it seems like Baye Ndongo (who Dylan said he liked) unfortunately doesn’t seem likely to end up at Rutgers. The hot rumor yesterday was that we’re in on Mackenzie Mgbako but I’d consider him a longshot as well. So we’re iffy at the 4 especially until Mag comes back.

3 Likes

Has Rutgers gotten back into the mix for Papa Kante?

Doesn’t sound like it but I’m not really sure why other than Pikiell’s gameplan is usually to hone in on one guy so that might be happening with Mgbako.

What happened with Ndongo?

The lead recruiter on him was Karl Hobbs who left (or was pushed out) and is now at Georgia Tech. The message board smoke is some combination of Ndongo’s family/handlers wanting him somewhere else, but also perhaps Rutgers trying to slowplay him with the Mgbako stuff. Ignore the blank avatar and fake-sounding handle and boomer tweeting style, this guy is extremely plugged in when it comes to Rutgers (and Ivy League) hoops.

3 Likes

Mgbako would definitely be an upgrade over Ndongo :joy:

2 Likes

Problem is most likely scenario right now is we come away with neither. You’re partially right that everything is building toward the 2024 class but with Fernandes (pronounced Fernan-deez, btw, and yes we’re all making the requisite jokes), Mulcahy, Spencer, Omoruyi (and I guess Hyatt) in their last year I’d hate to blow it by not having a playable 4 until Mag comes back, and at that point that’s a lot of eggs in the basket of a guy coming off an ACL tear.

4 Likes

So basically what youre saying is Rutgers will almost surely have a top 300 offense in 2024?

3 Likes

Steve Pikiell : Offense :: Fran McCaffery : Defense

Rutgers pronunciations are my strong suit :joy:

3 Likes

Am I crazy or did people initially pronounce Cliff’s last name like former Rutgers/Oregon forward Eugene Omoruyi? I swear I remember it being said that way for a bit in his freshman year and then one day it was “Uh-more-ee-ay.”

1 Like

Pretty sure it has always been different. Which makes it so hard for me because they both play/ed at Rutgers.

I’m just crazy. :disappointed_relieved:

I think Eugene might have also changed his preferred pronunciation too though iirc.

1 Like

We’ll always have Wisconsin great Nathan Reevers-Roovers!

4 Likes