Orlando Magic select Jett Howard with No. 11 pick in 2023 NBA Draft

The Caleb Houstan draft promise and OAD college career will be studied by historians someday. I do hope he sticks around the league and he seems like a good kid, but such a bizarre journey.

• Super high recruiting rating for his ability to shoot and be 6-8
  • Struggles for Team Canada to shoot from the Fiba line.
  • Has a roller coaster freshman year where he reinforces his lack of a secondary skill and alternates between shooting well or horrific
  • Bolts for the league
  • Skips workouts at the combine
  • Gets a draft promise
2 Likes

Yeah, think they started Harris when available just to add shooting. Suggs played better at the end of the year off the bench, but is inconsistent. Same with Anthony - really thought he provided great scoring punch. Iā€™d keep Anthony over Suggs as a 6/7th man. Not sure how much Banchero improves from 3 - I think heā€™s a mid 30s guy at best. Hopefully Franz can push to higher 30s. Itā€™ll be interesting to see Black get on the court - there are already a lot of guards with differing skill sets, but my guess is Suggs is on borrowed time. Fultz actually did a lot of really good things last year through his creation and tenacity, but he is too similar to Black with less upside. They would not be a good pairing. Itā€™ll be interesting to see how it plays out.

1 Like

Yeah, Fultz deserves credit for becoming a credible (though lower tier) starting PG despite his primary skill escaping him completely. Heā€™s an excellent defender and a really good passer. Agree Harris makes way more sense short-term, and Anthony just shrieks ā€œbench scorerā€ to me.

5 Likes

Jettā€™s presser today:

2 Likes