Northwestern at Michigan Discussion Thread

That LaLu team was so stacked.

But I agree, Poole is the one guy on our team right now that I think has AA potential. Maybe Charles as well.

5 Likes

Agree with all of this. When I watched a couple of La Lumiere games on ESPN last year, the thing that surprised me was that he looked more athletic than he appeared to be from just looking at the hype videos. It will be very interesting to see what he looks like after a summer of camp Sanderson

2 Likes

I canā€™t imagine their game plan being, we think this will work but weā€™re going to lose anyway.

Not the argument Iā€™m making at all. Iā€™m saying they threw a defense at Michigan that they werenā€™t prepared for.

They shouldā€™ve done this at home than on the road. Their defense is already struggling, so now what do you turn to in the rematch?

Waving the white flag staying in a zone from tip. They didnā€™t change it up whatsoever.

This is the defense that theyā€™ve been playing. It wasnā€™t a Michigan thing.

1 Like

Iā€™ll absolutely defer to you and others who have watched them play more this year.

Iā€™m just surprised I didnā€™t read about them being a zone team in the preview here or Aceā€™s at mgoblog. Not a nitpick whatsoever, just saying it wasnā€™t brought up which is why it surprised me that they played zone from start to finish.

If thatā€™s their normal defense, thatā€™s pretty bad. No wonder theyā€™re struggling so bad this year.

Yeah, thatā€™s on me. Not my best preview. Theyā€™ve been playing it for the last few games.

1 Like

Oh man seriously wasnā€™t even trying to be negative! Love the previews.

I just hadnā€™t watched Northwestern much so Iā€™m making a dead and wrong argument here.

1 Like

I think the announcers went over the strategy from Collins. It seems he likes the zone because it causes his team to talk more than they were. So if itā€™s his go forward defense it makes sense to stay in it and get it right.