North Carolina at Michigan Discussion Thread

So what does everyone think, do we see the same 8 man rotation as last game or does Davis get cut out for UNC?

Can’t imagine Davis seeing more than maybe one short shift. Can he keep up in transition?

Only if foul trouble forces Beilein’s hand, IMO.

To be honest I was starting to be concerned about that with Teske when I watched the film breakdown.

Was listing to Dylan / Brendan’s podcast and I think this is gonna be a good measuring stick. You have a strength on strength matchup (NC’s transition offense against our transition defense). I think you can watch the Matthews / X matchups as a barometer of how this game is gonna go.

I pretty sure at this point Beilein is gonna stick with his 8 man rotation baring foul trouble.

That is a concern as well… but if you go Livers you worry about getting completely overwhelmed on the glass.

This UNC team seriously worries me. This thread is making it worse. To put it bluntly, UNC has like 4 guys who could legit carry UNC. Maye, Johnson, Little, White off the top of my head and they play fast. Can Teske keep up? If Isaiah is at the 5 vs this team will we get destroyed on the glass? Does UNC’s height on the perimeter create issues for us? This UNC team is going to be playing in the tourney past the first weekend come March. Still figuring out everyone’s roles and yet they are still so dangerous.

you also were seriously worried about Villanova

1 Like

should be another good game, nice test for Michigan. But i like the odds in UM favor. that defense is crazy good, hoping this is one of the games were everyone on the offense is clicking.

Yes and it’s respecting the opponents. I didn’t respect Ohio State coming into that football game and I got a rude awakening. I feel like the football team and staff weren’t fully respecting them either. Usually when teams don’t give teams their full attention or respect, it turns into a whooping the other way or at the minimum a dog fight.

Villanova is doing just fine since we played them and North Carolina has the pedigree and actual talent. Nova at Nova made most think it was going to be a game. If someone told us Michigan was going to basically win by 30 in the biggest game they’ve had at that new arena, I think most wouldn’t believe it.

UNC also actually has the talent compared to Nova too. Not saying we lose. But am i worried? Yes.

2 Likes
1 Like

Not only does UNC play fast, they attack the post. They are going to challenge U-M and Teske. My guess is Austin Davis is forced to play at least 12-15 minutes.

Not sure what happened here, but there is a JB presser available at mgoblue.com. Always worth a listen.

Yeah, our Facebook Live crapped out today. Apologies.

Presser is here off of YouTube as well.